Molecular genetic polymorphism of androgen receptor gene (AR) in African populations of Hadza and Datoga
- 71 Downloads
The molecular genetic analysis of the polymorphic variants of the CAG repeat-containing locus of the androgen receptor (AR) gene was performed in the populations of Hadza and Datoga. Allele frequency distribution patterns were established. Alleles containing 20–25 repeats were the most abundant in both populations. The populations studied were compared with Asians (Han), white Americans, and Africans (Ariaal). Statistically significant difference between populations of Hadza and Datoga in the distribution of the AR allelic variants was demonstrated.
KeywordsAndrogen Receptor Androgen Receptor Gene Digit Ratio Hunter Gatherer Microsatellite Cluster
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Alfimova, M.V. and Trubnikov, V.I., Psychogenetics of aggression, Vopr. Psikhol., 2000, no. 6, pp. 112–122.Google Scholar
- 6.Handbook of Behavior Genetics, Yong-Kyu Kim, Ed., New York: Springer-Verlag, 2009.Google Scholar
- 7.Gelernter, J., Kranzler, H., and Cubells, J., Serotonin transporter protein (SLC6A4) allele and haplotype frequencies and linkage disequilibria in African- and European-American and Japanese populations and in alcohol-dependent subject, Hum. Genet., 1997, no. 101, pp. 234–246.Google Scholar
- 9.Butovskaya, M.L. and Mabula, A., Processes of social transformation among Hadza of northern Tanzania (as revealed by complex anthropological study), Opus, 2008, no. 6, pp. 121–140.Google Scholar
- 10.Butovskaya, M.L., Drambyan, M.Yu., Burkova, V.N., et al., Why the Hadza continue to hunt and gather today?, in Polevye issledovaniya Instituta etnologii i antropologii RAN-2006 (Field Research of the Institute of Ethnology and Anthropology Russian Academy of Sciences 2006), M., 2008, pp. 38–62.Google Scholar
- 14.Lewis, P.O. and Zaykin, D., Genetic data analysis: computer program for the analysis of allelic data: Version 1.0 (d 16c). Free program distributed by the authors over the internet, 2001. http://lewis.eeb.unconn.edu/lewishome/software.html Google Scholar
- 15.Rousset, F., GENEPOP’007: a complete re-implementation of the GENEPOP software for Windows and Linux, Mol. Ecol. Notes, 2008, vol. 8, pp. 103–106.Google Scholar