Comparative analysis of five varieties in Perilla frutescens (L.) Britton by 45S rDNA FISH and 5S rDNA sequences
- 119 Downloads
In this study, the relationships of five varieties in Perilla frutescens (L.) Britton were analyzed. All the varieties showed the same chromosome number 2n = 40, and the banding patterns of PI-DAPI staining and the FISH results of 45S rDNA probe were on the same site of the chromosome pair. The 5S rRNA gene spacers were ranged from 413 bp in P. frutescens var. purpurascens and 408 bp in var. frutescens. The varieties analyzed here were clustered into two clades according to the phylogenetic analysis. The sequence identity of 96% between var. auriculato-dentata and var. arguta suggested they could be considered the same variety.
KeywordsPerilla Frutescens Fish Result Weedy Type Diploid Genome Donor Squalius Alburnoides
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Perry, L.M. and Metzger, J., Medicinal Plants of East and Southeast Asia, Cambridge: MIT Press, 1980.Google Scholar
- 2.Duke, J.A., Handbook of Medicinal Herbs, Boca Raton: CRC, 1985.Google Scholar
- 5.Gromicho, M., Coutanceau, J.P., Catherine, O.C., and Maria, J.C., Contrast between Extensive Variation of 28S rDNA and Stability of 5S rDNA and Telomeric Repeats in the Diploid-Polyploid Squalius alburnoides Complex and in Its Maternal Ancestor Squalius pyrenaicus (Teleostei, Cyprinidae), Chromosome Res., 2006, vol. 14, pp. 297–306.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 11.Brenner, D.M., New Crops, New York: Wiley, 1993.Google Scholar
- 13.Honda, G., Yuba, A., Kojima, T., et al., Chemotaxonomic and Cytogenetic Studies on Perilla frutescens var. citriodara (“Lemon Egoma”), Nat. Med., 1994, vol. 48, pp. 185–190.Google Scholar
- 14.Honda, G., Yuba, A., Ito, M., and Tabata, M., A new species of Perilla (Labiatae) from Japan, J. Jpn. Bot., 1996, vol. 71, pp. 39–43.Google Scholar
- 15.Ito, M. and Honda, G., A Taxonomic Study of Japanese wild Perilla (Labiatae), J. Phytogeogr. Taxon., 1996, vol. 44, pp. 43–52.Google Scholar
- 16.Liu, Y. and Zhang, W., Study on the Taxonomy and Distribution of Genus Perilla, Chinese Wild Plant Resour., 1996, vol. 17, pp. 1–4.Google Scholar
- 17.Guo, F. and Wang, S., A Study on Variations under Perilla frutescens (L.) Britt. in Yunnan, Bull. Botanical Res., 2000, vol. 20, pp. 270–274.Google Scholar
- 21.Flora of China Project: Perilla Linnaeus, in Flora of China, 1994, vol. 17, pp. 241–242.Google Scholar
- 22.Ding, X., Shen, J., and Zhang, W., Medicinal Plant Research and TCM Modernization, Nanjing: Press of South-Eastern Univ., 2004.Google Scholar