Novel technique for component monitoring of CO2 exchange in plants
- 69 Downloads
A novel technique designed for component monitoring of CO2 exchange in plants is described. The system is based on application of self-clamping leaf chambers connected to an open gas-exchange measuring system and on automatic recording of CO2 concentration. This technique was implemented in a commercially available instrument, PTM-48A Photosynthesis Monitor, which provides for long-term measurements of gas exchange and for discrimination of its separate components. Furthermore, many other plant functions can be monitored during plant growth and development under laboratory, greenhouse, and field conditions.
Key wordsplant CO2 exchange photosynthesis respiration photorespiration monitoring
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Voznesenskii, V.L., Zalenskii, O.V., and Semikhatova, O.A., Metody issledovaniya fotosinteza i dykhaniya rastenii (Methods for Investigation of Photosynthesis and Respiration in Plants), Moscow-Leningrad: Nauka, 1965.Google Scholar
- 2.Karpushkin, L.T., Use of Infrared Gas Analyzer in Investigation of Plant CO2 Exchange, Biofizicheskie metody v fiziologii rastenii (Methods of Biophysics in Plant Physiology), Molotkovskii, Yu.G., Ed., Moscow: Nauka, 1971, pp. 44–71.Google Scholar
- 3.Laisk, A.Kh., Kinetika fotosinteza i fotodykhaniya C 3-rastenii (Kinetics of Photosynthesis and Photorespiration in C3 Plants), Moscow: Nauka, 1977.Google Scholar
- 4.Oya, V.M., Fast Gasometric Device for Investigation of Leaf Photosynthesis Kinetics, Sov. Plant Physiol., 1983, vol. 30, pp. 1045–1052.Google Scholar
- 5.Cumbs, J., Carbon Metabolism, Fotosintez i bioproduktivnost’: metody opredeleniya (Photosynthesis and Bioproductivity: Methods for Determination), Mokronosov, A.T. and Kovaleva, A. T., Eds., Moscow: Agropromizdat, 1989, pp. 234–262.Google Scholar
- 6.Infrakrasnye gazoanalizatory v izuchenii gazoobmena rastenii (Infrared Gas Analyzers for Plant Gas Exchange Investigation) Nichiporovich, A.A., Ed., Moscow: Nauka, 1990.Google Scholar
- 7.Karpushkin, L.T., A Compensation Gasometric Method for Estimation of the Kinetic Parameters of H2O2 and CO2 Exchange in Plant Leaves, Russ. J. Plant Physiol., 1994, vol. 41, pp. 410–413.Google Scholar
- 8.Atkin, O.K., Millar, A.N., Gardeström, P., and Day, D.A., Photosynthesis, Carbohydrate Metabolism, and Respiration in Leaves of Higher Plants, Photosyntesis: Physiology and Metabolism, Leegood, R.C., Sharkey, T.D., and Gaemmerer, S., Eds., Berlin: Springer-Verlag, 2000, pp. 153–175.Google Scholar
- 10.Voronin, P.Yu., Photosynthetic Continental Carbon Sequestering: A Physiological Aspect, Doctoral (Biol.) Dissertation, Moscow: Inst. Plant Physiol., Russ. Acad. Sci., 2006.Google Scholar
- 11.Chikov, V.I., Evolution of Notions about Relationships between Photosynthesis and Plant Productivity, Russ. J. Plant Physiol., 2008, vol. 55, pp. 130–143.Google Scholar