International cooperation in the Arctic: Risks and opportunities
General Meeting of the Russian Academy of Sciences
- 128 Downloads
KeywordsArctic Ocean Continental Shelf Arctic Shelf Arctic State Arctic Zone
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Basics of the Russian Federation’s state policy in the Arctic for the period up to 2020 and beyond. http://www.scrf.gov.ru/documents/15/98.html. Cited on December 25, 2014.
- 2.The Russian Strategy of the Arctic Zone Development until 2020. http://government.ru/news/432/. Cited December 25, 2014.
- 3.The Military Doctrine of the Russian Federation, Rossiiskaya Gazeta (Federal Issue), Dec. 30 (2014).Google Scholar
- 4.On the approval of the Russian Federation’s state program Socioeconomic Development of the Arctic Zone of the Russian Federation for the Period until 2020. http://government.ru/docs/11967/. Cited December 26, 2014.
- 5.A. V. Zagorskii, “Military security in the Arctic,” in “The Arctic Region: Problems of International Cooperation: A Chrestomathy in 3 Vols.,” Ed. by I. S. Ivanov (Aspekt Press, Moscow, 2013), Vol. 1 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.Canada and Kingdom of Denmark reach tentative agreement on Lincoln Sea Boundary. http://www.international.gc.ca/media/aff/news-communiques/2012/11/28a.aspx?lang=eng. Cited December 28, 2014.
- 7.M. Byers, Who Owns the Arctic? Understanding Sovereignty Disputes in the North (Douglas & McIntyre, Vancouver, 2009).Google Scholar
- 8.Maritime jurisdiction and boundaries in the Arctic region. https://www.dur.ac.uk/resources/ibru/resources/ibru_arctic_map_15-12-14.pdf. Cited January 11, 2015.
- 9.http://www.kommersant.ru/doc/2624380?isSearch=True. Cited January 11, 2015.
- 10.Submission by the Kingdom of Denmark. http://www.un.org/depts/los/clcs-new/submissions_files/submission_dnk_76_2014.htm. Cited January 12, 2015.
- 11.Partial submission of the Government of the Kingdom of Denmark together with the Government of Greenland to the Commission on the Limits of the Continental Shelf. The North Continental Shelf of Greenland. http://www.un.org/depts/los/clcs_new/submissions_files/dnk76_14/dnk2014_es.pdf. Cited January 12, 2015.
- 12.Submission by the Kingdom of Norway. http://www.un.org/depts/los/clcs_new/submissions_files/submission_nor.htm. Cited January 12, 2015.
- 13.Summary of the Recommendations of the Commission on the Limits of the Continental Shelf about the Submission made by Norway in respect of areas in the Arctic Ocean, the Barents Sea, and the Norwegian Sea on 27 November 2006: Commission on the Limits of the Continental Shelf. Outer limits of the continental shelf beyond 200 nautical miles from the baselines: Submissions to the Commission. http://www.un.org/depts/los/clcs_new/submissions_files/nor06/nor_rec_summ.pdf. Cited January 14, 2015.
- 14.Treaty between the Russian Federation and the Kingdom of Norway concerning Maritime Delimitation and Cooperation in the Barents Sea and the Arctic Ocean. http://www.un.org/depts/los/LEGISLATIO-NANDTREATIES/PDFFILES/TREATIES/NOR-RUS2010.PDF. Cited January 14, 2015.
- 15.R. Kolodkin, “Russia-Norway treaty: Delimitation meant to boost cooperation,” Int. Affairs, No. 1 (2011).Google Scholar
- 16.Area of the continental shelf of the Russian Federation in the Arctic Ocean beyond 200-nautical mile zone. http://www.un.org/Depts/los/clcs_new/submissions_files/rus01/RUS_CLCS_01_2001_LOS_2.jpg. Cited January 15, 2015.
- 17.Agreement between the United States of America and the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics on the maritime boundary, 1 June 1990. http://www.un.org/depts/los/LEGISLATIONANDTREATIES/PDFFILES/TREATIES/USA-RUS1990MB.PDF. Cited January 15, 2015.
- 18.P. A. Gudev, “US Priorities in Arctic,” Mirovaya Ekon. Mezhdunarodnye Otnosheniya, No. 9, 49 (2013); P. A. Gudev, UN Convention on Maritime Law: Problems of Regime Transformation (IMEMO RAN, Moscow, 2014) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 19.A. G. Arbatov and V. Z. Dvorkin, “Military-strategic activities of Russia and the USA,” in Russia in a Polycentric World, Ed. by A. A. Dynkin and N. I. Ivanova (Ves’ Mir, Moscow, 2011) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 20.Shoigu: Russia to fully close radar field in Artic in 2014. http://itar-tass.com/armiya-i-opk/1538016. Cited January 15, 2015.
- 21.Russia to build 13 airfields and 10 radar systems in Arctic. http://www.interfax.ru/world/404373. Cited January 15, 2015.
- 22.Canadian Forces may need U.S. help supplying Arctic. http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canadian-forces-may-need-u-s-help-supplying-arctic-1.1100050. Cited January 15, 2015.
- 23.A. V. Zagorskii, “Military security in the Arctic,” in Russia in a Polycentric World, Ed. by A. A. Dynkin and N. I. Ivanova (Ves’ Mir, Moscow, 2011); S. K. Oznobishchev, “Military activities of subarctic states,” in Russia in a Polycentric World, Ed. by A. A. Dynkin and N. I. Ivanova (Ves’ Mir, Moscow, 2011); A. A. Khramchikhin, “Military-political situation in the Arctic and scenarios of possible conflicts,” in The Arctic Region: Problems of International Cooperation: A Chrestomathy in 3 Vols., Ed. by I. S. Ivanov (Aspekt Press, Moscow, 2013); S. T. Wezeman, “Military capabilities in the Arctic,” SIPRI Backgroud Paper. March 2012; C. Le Miére and J. Mazo, Arctic Opening: Insecurity and Opportunity (Routledge, New York, 2013); Arctic Strategy. November 2013. http://www.defense.gov/pubs/2013_Arctic_Strategy.pdf. Cited January 16, 2015.Google Scholar
- 24.Arctic cooperation: The next victim of Ukraine? http://russiancouncil.ru/inner/?id_4=5164&active_id_11=51#top. Cited January 28, 2015.
- 25.Circum-Arctic resource appraisal: Estimates of undiscovered oil and gas north of the Arctic Circle. http://pubs.usgs.gov/fs/2008/3049/fs2008-3049.pdf. Cited January 16, 2015.
- 26.http://www.imemo.ru/index.php?page_id=502&id=770&p=&ret=749&year=2013&sem=408. Cited January 18, 2015.
- 27.E. A. Telegina, “Resources of the Arctic region: Prospects and problems of development,” in The Arctic: A Zone of Peace and Cooperation, Ed. by A. V. Zagorskii (IMEMO RAN, Moscow, 2011) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 28.Denmark, Greenland, and the Faroe Islands: Kingdom of Denmark Strategy for the Arctic 2011–2020. http://um.dk/~/media/UM/Danish-site/Documents/Politikogdipmati/Nyheder_udenrigspolitik/2011/Denmark%20strategy%20for%20the%20Arctic%202011-2020.pdf. Cited January 17, 2015.
- 29.Proposals to the Roadmap for the Development of International-Legal Basics of Russia’s Cooperation in the Arctic. Workbook no. 6, Ed. by A. N. Vylegzhanin and I. S. Ivanov (Spetskniga, Moscow, 2013). http://russiancouncil.ru/common/upload/wp_artcic_613.pdf. Cited January 19, 2015.
© Pleiades Publishing, Ltd. 2015