Ethnosocial processes and ethnosocial policy
- 41 Downloads
The results of theoretical and empirical ethnosociological studies conducted in different Siberian regions, East Kazakhstan, and Mongolia are generalized. Problems of ethnicity under globalization; value dominants of mass consciousness; trends in the ethnosocial development of Siberian peoples; and problems of Russia’s modern state national policy, particularly with regard to indigenous peoples of the North, are discussed.
KeywordsIndigenous People Ethnic Identity Siberian Region Traditional Lifestyle Siberian Federal District
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. A. Tishkov, “Forget the Nation (Postnationalistic Understanding of Nationalism),” Vopr. Filos., No. 9 (1998).Google Scholar
- 2.V. A. Tishkov, Requiem for Ethnos: Research in Social and Cultural Anthropology (Nauka, Moscow, 2003) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.The Census Revealed Hobbits, Elves, and Scythians in Russia; http://www.riw.ru/russia4165.html. Cited August 08, 2012.
- 4.Yu. V. Arutyunyan, “Sociocultural Development and National Self-Consciousness,” Sotsiologicheskie Issledovaniya, No. 7 (1990).Google Scholar
- 5.Ethnosocial Processes in Siberia: A Thematic Collection, Ed. by Yu. V. Popkov (Novosibirsk, 1996–2007), nos. 1–8 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.V. A. Tishkov, “Russia’s Ethnic Policy in Recent Times,” in Ethnopolitical Situation in Russia and in Cross-Border States in 2010: The Annual Report of the Network for Ethnic Monitoring and Early Warning of Conflicts, Ed. by V. A. Tishkov and V. V. Stepanov (IEA RAN, Moscow, 2011) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 7.V. Putin, “Russia: The National Question,” Nezavisimaya Gazeta, Jan. 23 (2012).Google Scholar
- 8.Yu. V. Popkov, V. G. Kostyuk, and V. N. Tuguzhekova, Siberian Ethnoses in the Conditions of Modern Reforms (Sociological Examination) (Nonparel’, Novosibirsk, 2003) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.Russian Identity in Sociological Measurement: An Analytical Report (Moscow, 2007); http://www.isras.ru/analytical_report_Ident_itog.html. Accessed February 2, 2009.
- 10.Liberty. Inequality. Fraternity: A Sociological Portrait of Contemporary Russia (IIK Rossiiskaya Gazeta, Moscow, 2007) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 11.Eurasian World: Values, Constants, Self-Organization, Ed. by Yu. V. Popkov (Nonparel’, Novosibirsk, 2010) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 12.V. A. Kryazhkov, Indigenous Peoples of the North in Russian Law (Norma, Moscow, 2010) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 13.The Concept of Sustainable Development of Indigenous Peoples of the North, Siberia, and the Far East of the Russian Federation; http://base.consultant.ru/cons/cgi/online.cgi?req=doc;base=LAW;n=84814 Cited August 8, 2012.