Destruction of globules of Co- and homopolymer macromolecules in the presence of an amphiphilic substrate
- First Online:
The destruction of a globule in the presence of a dimeric substrate composed of a hydrophilic group OP and a hydrophobic group H with a high affinity to hydrophobic H units of a macromolecule has been studied. Globules of the homopolymer H macromolecule and the macromolecule of the HP copolymer with proteinlike statistics of monomer unit distribution along a chain have been investigated. The destruction of a globule in such systems begins with the transformation of the globule’s shape from spherical to disklike. At high substrate concentrations, the globule of the proteinlike copolymer is completely destroyed; under the same conditions, the homopolymer macromolecule forms a structure composed of two beads having a shape close to that of the oblate ellipsoid that are located symmetrically about a string connecting them.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. M. Bronshtein, S. N. Sidorov, and P. M. Valetskii, Usp. Khim. 73, 501 (2004).Google Scholar
- 10.I. V. Berezin, K. Martinek, and A. K. Yatsimirskii, Usp. Khim. 42, 1729 (1973).Google Scholar
- 19.V. V. Vasilevskaya, A. A. Aerov, and A. R. Khokhlov, Dokl. Akad. Nauk 398, 777 (2004).Google Scholar
- 21.P. N. Ablyazov, V. V. Vasilevskaya, and A. R. Khokhlov, Kolloidn. Zh. 69, 293 (2007).Google Scholar
- 23.M. V. Vol’kenshtein, Biophysics (Nauka, Moscow, 1981) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 24.A. R. Khokhlov and V. V. Vasilevskaya, Nauka Ross., No. 6, 4 (2007).Google Scholar
- 28.E. N. Govorun, V. A. Ivanov, A. R. Khokhlov, et al., Phys. Rev. E: Stat. Phys., Plasmas, Fluids, Relat. Interdiscip. Top. 64, 040903 (2001).Google Scholar
- 29.M. P. Allen and D. J. Tildesley, Computer Simulation of Liquids (Clarendon, Oxford, 1990).Google Scholar
- 31.A. R. Khokhlov and P. G. Khalatur, Physica A (Amsterdam) 249, 253 (1998).Google Scholar
- 33.P. G. Khalatur, Vysokomol. Soedin., Ser. A 22, 2226 (1980).Google Scholar
- 37.V. V. Vasilevskaya, V. A. Markov, P. G. Khalatur, and A. R. Khokhlov, J. Chem. Phys. 124, 144914 (2006).Google Scholar