Decationation of MFI Zeolite with the Use of Direct-Current Electric Field
- 18 Downloads
A method is proposed for converting an MFI zeolite from the Na- to the H-form using an electric field in a dc electrodialyzer at low voltages in the range of 3 to 12 V. According to X-ray fluorescence analysis, the degree of exchange is 100%; the sodium content in the zeolite was 0.05 wt % before decationation and became 0.00 wt % after it, with the zeolite crystal lattice and morphology remaining unchanged. The catalytic activity of the zeolite before and after the decationation procedure has been tested in the ethanol reforming reaction. The results showing the side to which the proton directs the ethanol reforming reaction are presented. The catalytic testing of the decationated zeolite has shown that the yield of liquid organic products increased to 19.0%, with the proportion of aromatic products being 72.0%.
This work was performed using the equipment of the Shared Research Center of TIPS RAS.
This work was carried out within the State Program of TIPS RAS.
- 1.O. V. Krylov, Heterogeneous Catalysis (Akademkniga, Moscow, 2004) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.L. M. Koval’, L. L. Korobitsyna, and A. V. Vos’-merikov, Synthesis and Physicochemical Properties of High-Silica Zeolites (TGU, Tomsk, 2001) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.A. A. Lamberov, A. G. Liakumovich, S. I. Agadzhanyan, and V. N. Doronin, RU Patent No. 2088331 (1997).Google Scholar
- 4.A. Yu. Pilipenko, Candidate’s Dissertation in Chemistry (Saratov, 2017) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.Y. Furumoto, N. Tsunoji, Y. Ide, et al., Appl. Catal., A 417–418, 137 (2012).Google Scholar