Aminomethoxy Derivatives of 1-(3-Methylphenoxy)-3-(Ethylsulfanyl)propane as Antimicrobial Additives for Lubricating Oils
- 6 Downloads
The feasibility of synthesizing new aminomethoxy derivatives of 1-(3-methylphenoxy)-3-(ethylsulfanyl) propane on the basis of 1-(3-methylphenoxy)-3-ethylthiopropane-2-ol and formaldehyde in the presence of secondary amines has been studied. The structure of the synthesized compounds has been proven by elemental analysis, IR and 1H NMR spectroscopy, and mass spectrometry. The synthesized compounds have been tested as antimicrobial additives for lubricating oils and antiseptic substances against bacteria and fungi. It has been found that they efficiently suppress the activity of microorganisms.
Keywordsaminomethoxy derivatives Mannich reaction ethanethiol secondary amines biologically active compounds antimicrobial additives
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. R. Brown, The Organic Chemistry of Aliphatic Nitrogen Compounds (Oxford University Press, New York, 1994).Google Scholar
- 12.E. G. Mamedbeili, I. A. Dzhafarov, S. I. Ibragimli, et al., Zh. Obshch. Khim. 83, 428 (2013).Google Scholar
- 14.I. A. Dzhafarov, E. G. Mamedbeili, K. O. Iskenderova, et al., Azerb. Khim. Zh., No. 4, 48 (2013).Google Scholar
- 15.E. G. Mamedbeili, I. A. Dzhafarov, K. O. Iskenderova, et al., Azerb. Khim. Zh., No. 3, 42 (2013).Google Scholar
- 17.I. A. Dzhafarov, E. G. Mamedbeili, and Kh. I. Gasanov, Khim. Probl., No. 2, 265 (2008).Google Scholar
- 18.A. J. Gordon and R. A. Ford, The Chemist’s Companion (Wiley–Interscience, New York, 1972).Google Scholar