Reaction–Diffusion Equations in Immunology
- 2 Downloads
The paper is devoted to the recent works on reaction–diffusion models of virus infection dynamics in human and animal organisms. Various regimes of infection propagation in tissues are described. In particular, it is shown that infection can spread in tissues of organs as a reaction–diffusion wave. Methods for studying the conditions of the existence of wave modes of the time and space dynamics of infections is discussed.
Keywords:virus infection immune response mathematical modeling reaction–diffusion equations time and space dynamics
This work was supported by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research, project no. 17-01-00636; and by the Ministry for Education and Science of the Russian Federation within the program 5-100 for enhancing the competitiveness of the Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia among the leading science and education centers in 2016–2020.
- 2.M. A. Nowak and C. R. M. Bangham, “Population dynamics of immune responses to persistent viruses,” Science 272, 74–79 (1996). Google Scholar
- 13.G. I. Marchuk, SDelected Works, Vol. 5 Mathematical Modeling in Immunology and Medicine (Inst. Vychisl. Mat., Moscow, Ross. Alad. Nauk, 2018) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 14.G. I. Marchuk, “Mathematical modelling of immune response in infectious diseases,” in Mathematics and Its Applications, Vol. 395 (Kluwer, Dordrecht, 1997).Google Scholar
- 22.G. Bocharov, J. Argilaguet, and A. Meyerhans, “Understanding experimental LCMV infection of mice: The role of mathematical models,” J. Immunol. Res. No. 16, 1–10 (2015).Google Scholar
- 37.M. Labadie and A. Marciniak-Czochra, “A reaction-diffusion model for viral infection and immune response,” 2011. \( < \)hal-00546034v2\( > \) Google Scholar
- 39.G. Bocharov, A. Meyerhans, N. Bessonov, S. Trofimchuk, V. Volpert, “Spatiotemporal dynamics of virus infection spreading in tissues,” PlosOne, 2016. doi 10.1371/journal.pone.0168576Google Scholar
- 41.G. Bocharov, A. Meyerhans, N. Bessonov, S. Trofimchuk, and V. Volpert, “Modelling the dynamics of virus infection and immune response in space and time,” Int. J. Parallel, Emergent Distrib. Syst. 32, (2017).Google Scholar
- 43.A. Bouchnita, G. Bocharov, A. Meyerhans, and V. Volpert, “Towards a multiscale model of acute HIV infection,” Computations, 5, 1–22 (2017). doi 10.3390/computation5010006Google Scholar
- 44.A. Bouchnita, G. Bocharov, A. Meyerhans, and V. Volpert, “Hybrid approach to model the spatial regulation of T cell responses,” BMC Immunol., 18 (2017).Google Scholar
- 45.V. Volpert, “Existence of reaction-diffusion waves in a model of immune response,” J. Fixed Points Appl., (2018), in press.Google Scholar