Monte Carlo Methods for Estimating the Probability Distributions of Criticality Parameters of Particle Transport in a Randomly Perturbed Medium
- 24 Downloads
Parallelizable Monte Carlo algorithms are developed for estimating the probability moments of criticality parameters for transport of particles with multiplication in a random medium. For this purpose, new iterative estimates of the multiplication factor and recurrence representations of statistical estimates of moments are constructed by applying the double randomization method and the randomized projection method. The practical efficiency of the proposed approaches is confirmed by test results obtained using special randomized homogenization with an improved diffusion approximation for a multilayered ball.
Keywords:Monte Carlo method statistical modeling transport theory effective particle multiplication factor
This work was supported in part by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research, project nos. 18-01-00599, 18-01-00356, 17-01-00823, 16-01-00530, and 16-01-00145.
- 3.G. I. Marchuk, G. A. Mikhailov, M. A. Nazaraliev, et al., The Monte Carlo Methods in Atmospheric Optics (Nauka, Novosibirsk, 1976; Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1980).Google Scholar
- 4.Yu. I. Ershov and S. B. Shikhov, Mathematical Fundamentals of Transfer Theory (Energoatomizdat, Moscow, 1985), Vol. 1 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.L. V. Kantorovich and G. P. Akilov, Functional Analysis (Pergamon, Oxford, 1982; Nauka, Moscow, 1984).Google Scholar
- 8.S. M. Ermakov and G. A. Mikhailov, Statistical Modeling (Nauka, Moscow, 1982) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 11.N. Ya. Vilenkin, Combinatorics (Nauka, Moscow, 1969; Academic, New York, 1971).Google Scholar
- 14.E. S. Wentzel, Probability Theory (Nauka, Moscow, 1969) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 15.G. I. Marchuk, Methods of Calculating Nuclear Reactors (Atomizdat, Moscow, 1961) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 17.V. G. Zolotukhin and L. V. Maiorov, Estimation of Critical Reactor Parameters by Monte Carlo Methods (Energoatomizdat, Moscow, 1984) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 20.Yu. A. Romanov, “Exact solutions of one-velocity equation and their application in the computation of diffusion problems (improved diffusion method),” in Investigation of Critical Parameters of Reactor Systems (Gosatomizdat, Moscow, 1960), pp. 3–26 [in Russian].Google Scholar