On the curve of critical exponents for nonlinear elliptic problems in the case of a zero mass
- 24 Downloads
For semilinear elliptic equations −Δu = λ|u| p−2 u−|u| q−2 u, boundary value problems in bounded and unbounded domains are considered. In the plane of exponents p × q, the so-called curves of critical exponents are defined that divide this plane into domains with qualitatively different properties of the boundary value problems and the corresponding parabolic equations. New solvability conditions for boundary value problems, conditions for the stability and instability of stationary solutions, and conditions for the existence of global solutions to parabolic equations are found.
Keywordscritical exponent Pohozaev’s identity fibering method stability of solutions
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.S. I. Pohozaev, “On the eigenfunctions of the equation Δu +λf(u) = 0,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR 65 (1), 36–39 (1965).Google Scholar
- 6.J. I. Diaz, Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations and Free Boundaries, Pitman Research Notes in Mathematics Series (Pitman, London, 1985), Vol. 106.Google Scholar
- 11.J. I. Diaz, J. Hernandez, and Y. Il’yasov, “Flat and compactly supported solutions of some non-Lipschitz autonomous semilinear equations may be stable for N = 3,” Special Issue of Chinese Annals of Mathematics (CAM) in honour of Haim Brezis 38B:4, 1–34 (2017).Google Scholar
- 12.S. I. Pohozaev, “On the fibering method for solving nonlinear boundary value problems,” Tr. Mat. Inst. im. V.A. Steklova, Akad. Nauk SSSR 92, 146–163 (1990).Google Scholar
- 13.S. I. Pohozaev, “On a constructive method in the calculus of variations,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR 298, 1330–1333 (1988).Google Scholar
- 24.Y. S. Il’yasov, On extreme values of Nehari manifold method via nonlinear Rayleigh’s quotient. https://arxiv.org/pdf/1509.08019.pdfGoogle Scholar
- 30.M. Reed and B. Simon, Methods of Modern Mathematical Physics, Vol. 2: Fourier Analysis and Self-Adjointness (Academic, New York, 1972; Mir, Moscow, 1978).Google Scholar
- 32.Y. S. Il’yasov, “On critical exponent for an elliptic equation with non-Lipschitz nonlinearity,” Dyn. Syst. Suppl., 698–706 (2011).Google Scholar