The existence of a generalized fourier transform for a solution as a radiation condition for a class of problems generalizing oscillation excitation problems in regular waveguides
- 32 Downloads
For a second-order inhomogeneous differential equation defined on the real axis and such that its right-hand side and solutions are functions in a Hilbert space, it is shown that the existence of a generalized Fourier transform of the solution is a correct radiation condition if the right-hand side is sufficiently smooth and compactly supported.
Keywordsgeneralized Fourier transform non-self-adjoint operator bundle radiation condition regular waveguide theory
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. S. Il’inskii, V. V. Kravtsov, and A. G. Sveshnikov, Mathematical Models in Electrodynamics (Mosk. Gos. Univ., Moscow, 1993) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.A. N. Tikhonov and A. A. Samarskii, “On the Excitation of Radio Waves. I,” Zh. Tekh. Fiz. 17, 1283–1296 (1947).Google Scholar
- 4.A. N. Tikhonov and A. A. Samarskii, “On the Excitation of Radio Waves. II,” Zh. Tekh. Fiz. 17, 1431–1440 (1947).Google Scholar
- 5.A. N. Tikhonov and A. A. Samarskii, “On the Representation of the Field in a Waveguide as a Sum of the Fields TE and TM,” Zh. Tekh. Fiz. 18, 959–970 (1948).Google Scholar
- 8.Yu. G. Smirnov, “On the Completeness of the System of Eigenwaves and Attached Waves of a Partially Filled Waveguide with an Irregular Boundary,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR 297, 829–832 (1987).Google Scholar
- 9.Yu. G. Smirnov, “The Operator Bundle Method in Boundary Value Conjugation Problems for a System of Elliptic Equations,” Differ. Uravn. 27(1), 140–147 (1991).Google Scholar
- 10.Yu. G. Smirnov, “Application of the Operator Bundle Method in the Eigenwave Problem for a Partially Filled Waveguide,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR 312, 597–599 (1990).Google Scholar
- 16.M. V. Keldysh, “On the Completeness of the Eigenfunctions of Some Classes of Non-Self-Adjoint Linear Operators: Chapter I,” in Selected Works (Nauka, Moscow, 1985), pp. 305–320 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 17.Yu. G. Reshetnyak, A Course in Mathematical Analysis, Part 2, Chapter 2: Integral Calculus for Multivariate Functions. Integral Calculus on Manifolds. External Differential Forms (Izd-vo Instituta Matematiki SO RAN, Novosibirsk, 2001) [in Russian].Google Scholar