First-order methods for certain quasi-variational inequalities in a Hilbert space
- 50 Downloads
Sufficient conditions are obtained for quasi-variational inequalities of a special type with nonlinear operators in a Hilbert space to be uniquely solvable. A first-order continuous method and its discrete variant are constructed for inequalities of this kind. The strong convergence of these methods is proved.
Keywordsquasi-variational inequalities first-order continuous method iterative method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.C. Baiocchi and A. Capelo, Variational and Quasi-Variational Inequalities: Applications to Free Boundary Problems (Wiley, Chichester, 1984; Nauka, Moscow, 1988).Google Scholar
- 8.A. S. Antipin, “Continuous and Iteration Processes Involving Projection and Projection-Type Operators,” in Problems in Cybernetics: Computational Problems in the Analysis of Large Systems (Nauchnyi sovet po kompleksnoi probleme Kibernetika, AN SSSR, Moscow, 1989), pp. 5–43 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.F. P. Vasil’ev, Numerical Methods for Solving Extremum Value Problems (Nauka, Moscow, 1988) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 10.V. A. Trenogin, Functional Analysis (Nauka, Moscow, 1988) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 11.A. S. Apartsin, “On the Design of Converging Iteration Processes in Hilbert Spaces,” in Proceedings in Applied Mathematics and Cybernetics (Irkutsk, 1972), pp. 7–14 [in Russian].Google Scholar