Bernstein polynomials and composite Bézier curves
- 47 Downloads
Analytical principles of the theory of Bézier curves are presented. A new approach to the construction of composite Bézier curves of prescribed smoothness both on a plane and in a multidimensional Euclidean space is proposed.
KeywordsBernstein polynomials constructing Bézier curves on the basis of Bernstein polynomials geometric design
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. N. Bernstein, “Proof of the Weierstrass Theorem Based on Probability Theory,” in Collected Works (Akad. Nauk SSSR, Moscow, 1952), Vol. 1, pp. 105–106 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.V. S. Videnskii, Linear Positive Operators of Finite Rank (Leningr. Gos. Ped. Inst., Leningrad, 1985) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.P. De Casteljau, “Pole Theory,” in Mathematics and CAD 1 (Mir, Moscow, 1988), pp. 130–200 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.P. Bézier, “Geometric Methods,” in Mathematics and CAD 2 (Mir, Moscow, 1989), pp. 96–257 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.P. Bézier, Numerical Control: Mathematics and Applications (Wiley, New York, 1972).Google Scholar