Real-time calculation of current optimal feedbacks for a delay system
- 21 Downloads
A linear optimal control problem for a nonstationary system with a single delay state variable is examined. A fast implementation of the dual method is proposed in which a key role is played by a quasi-reduction of the fundamental matrices of solutions to the homogeneous part of the delay models under analysis. As a result, an iteration step of the dual method involves only the integration of auxiliary systems of ordinary differential equations over short time intervals. A real-time algorithm is described for calculating optimal feedback controls. The results are illustrated by the optimal control problem for a second-order stationary system with a fixed delay.
Keywordsdelay control systems quasi-reduction of the fundamental matrix of solutions fast implementation of the dual method real-time optimal control
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. S. Pontryagin, V. G. Boltyanskii, R. V. Gamkrelidze, and E. F. Mishchenko, The Mathematical Theory of Optimal Processes (Nauka, Moscow, 1976; Gordon & Breach, New York, 1986).Google Scholar
- 2.R. P. Fedorenko, Approximate Methods for Solving Optimal Control Problems (Nauka, Moscow, 1978) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.A. V. Kim, S. S. Rublev, and E. S. Chei, “Analytical Design of Regulators for Systems with Aftereffect,” Tr. Inst. Mat. Mekh. Ural Otd. Ross. Akad. Nauk (Yekaterinburg) 11(1), 11–121 (2005).Google Scholar
- 6.R. Gabasov, F. M. Kirillova, and O. I. Kostyukova, “Construction of Optimal Feedback Controls in Linear Problems,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR 320, 1294–1299 (1991).Google Scholar
- 8.R. Gabasov, F. M. Kirillova, and N. V. Balashevich, “Open-Loop and Closed-Loop Optimization of Linear Control Systems,” Asian J. Control 2(3), 155–168 (2000).Google Scholar
- 12.A. Kim, V. Pimenov, et al., Time-Delay Systems: Toolbox, Beta Version (Inst. Math. and Mech. Ural Branch of RAS, Yekaterinburg, Eng. Res. Center for Advanced Control and Instrument., Korea, 1999).Google Scholar
- 13.R. Gabasov, “Adaptive Method for Solving Linear Programming Problems,” Preprint Series (Inst. Statistic and Math., Univ. Karlsruhe, 1994).Google Scholar
- 14.R. Gabasov, F. M. Kirillova, and A. I. Tyatyushkin, Constructive Optimization Methods, Part I: Linear Problems (Universitetskoe, Minsk, 1984) [in Russian].Google Scholar