Minimization methods for approximating tensors and their comparison
- 45 Downloads
Application of various minimization methods to trilinear approximation of tensors is considered. These methods are compared based on numerical calculations. For the Gauss-Newton method, an efficient implementation is proposed, and the local rate of convergence is estimated for the case of completely symmetric tensors.
Keywordstrilinear approximation minimization methods nonlinear approximation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. A. Harshman, “Foundations of the Parafac Procedure: Models and Conditions for an Explanatory Multimodal Factor Analysis,” UCLA Working Papers in Phonetics 16, 1–84 (1970).Google Scholar
- 2.P. Comon, “Tensor Decomposition: State of the Art and Applications,” in IMA Conf. Math. Signal Proc., Warwick, UK, 2000; http://www.i3s.fr/:_comon/FichiersPs/ima2000.ps.
- 9.H. B. Nielsen, “Damping Parameter in Marquardt’s Method,” Inform. Math. Model., Denmark (1999); http://www/imm.dtu.dk/:_hbn/publ/TR9905.ps.
- 11.I. V. Oseledets and D. V. Savost’yanov, “A Fast Algorithm for Simultaneous Reduction of Matrixes to a Triangular Form and Approximation of Tensors,” in Matrix Methods for Solving Large-Scale Problems (Institut Vychislitel’noi Matematiki, RAN, Moscow, 2005), pp. 101–116 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 12.I. V. Oseledets and D. V. Savost’yanov, “Methods for Decomposition of Tensors,” in Matrix Methods for Solving Large-Scale Problems (Institut Vychislitel’noi Matematiki, RAN, Moscow, 2005), pp. 51–64 [in Russian].Google Scholar