On oscillations of a semi-infinite rotating liquid with its free surface excited by moving sources
- 18 Downloads
Propagation of small perturbations in a homogeneous inviscid liquid rotating with a constant angular velocity in the lower half-space is considered. The source of excitation is a plane wave traveling on the free surface of the liquid. The explicit analytical solution to the problem is constructed. Uniqueness and existence theorems are proved. The wave pattern in the liquid at large times is examined.
Keywordsfrequency of the liquid rotation stream function internal waves surface waves
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. A. Gabov and A. G. Sveshnikov, Linear Problems in the Theory of Time-Dependent Interior Waves (Nauka, Moscow, 1990) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.S. A. Gabov, New Problems in the Mathematical Theory of Waves (Nauka, Moscow, 1998) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 7.A. G. Sveshnikov and A. N. Tikhonov, Complex Analysis (Nauka, Moscow, 1991) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.S. A. Gabov and A. G. Sveshnikov, Problems in the Dynamics of Stratified Fluids (Nauka, Moscow, 1986) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.M. F. Fedoryuk, Asymptotics: Integrals and Series (Nauka, Moscow, 1987) [in Russian].Google Scholar