Calculating heat transfer in liquid films based on the method of weighted residuals
- 23 Downloads
The application of the weighted residuals method is considered for the calculation of heat transfer in flowing thin liquid films. As an example, the problem of the film moving under the action of the gas flow on the heated horizontal wall is solved. The solution demonstrates good agreement with the numerical one obtained by the finite-difference method.
Key wordsliquid film heat transfer semi-analytical method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.W. Nusselt, Der Oberflächen-Kondensation des Wasserdampfes, Zeitschrift der VDI, 1916, No. 27, P. 541–546, No. 28, P. 569–575.Google Scholar
- 2.W. Nusselt, Der Wärmeaustausch am Berieselungskühler, Zeitschrift der VDI, 1923, Bd. 67, H. 9, P. 206–210.Google Scholar
- 3.L.P. Kholpanov and V.Ya. Shkadov, Hydrodynamics and heat and mass transfer with free surface, Nauka, Moscow, 1990.Google Scholar
- 5.C.A.J. Fletcher, Computational Techniques for Fluid Dynamics, Springer-Verlag, Heidelberg, 1987.Google Scholar
- 6.R.B. Bird, W.E. Stewart, and E.N. Lightfoot, Transport Phenomena, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 2002.Google Scholar
- 7.S.P. Aktershev and M.V. Bartashevich, Film cooling of the wall at the constant heat flow, in: Proc. 6th Int. Scientific School for Young Scientists “Waves and vortices in complex media”, MAKS Press, Moscow, 2015.Google Scholar