Experimental study of cold gas spraying through a mask. Part 1
- 50 Downloads
The paper presents experimental data for production of a coating using cold gas dynamic spraying with a mask with transverse size in the range 0.3–1 mm and placed at different distances from the substrate. The coated samples were produced, and coating profiles were measured in the vicinity of the masked zone. The tests with depositing of aluminum powder and copper powder demonstrated that the distinct profile of masked zone is obtained for placing the mask at a distance below critical (depending of spray conditions). The most accurate boundary of the masked zone takes place at a minimal distance (depends on the coating thickness). Depending on the spraying conditions, the increase in the mask-substrate distance may result either in monotonic decline of the masked zone width or a slight increase for a certain range. Experimental data are generalized by normalizing with the transverse size of the mask (under other equal conditions).
Keywordscold gas spraying mask coating profile masked zone width
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Yu. Nepochatov, G. Deis, A. Bogaev, and A. Shkodkin, Developing the technology for manufacturing metalplated substrates for power electronics units, Sovremennaya Electronika,. 2010, No. 9, P. 12–15.Google Scholar
- 4.E. Rastjagaev, J. Wilde, B. Wielagem, T. Grund, and S. Küemmel, Development and testing of cold gas sprayed circuit boards for power electronics applications, in: Integrated Power Electronics Systems (CIPS), 2012 7th Int. Conf., 6–8 March 2012, P. 154–159.Google Scholar
- 9.Patent US. 8852681 B2, Mask for kinetic cold gas compacting, Jakimov A., Hertter M., Schneiderbanger S., publ. Oct. 7, 2014.Google Scholar
- 12.S.V. Klinkov, N.S. Ryashin, F.V. Orlenko, and V.F. Kosarev, Cold gas spraying coatings using a mask, in: Interaction of Intensive Energy Fluxes with Materials for Advanced Technologies and Medicine: Abstracts, Russian Conf., Vol. 1, Novosibirsk: Parallel, 2013, P. 157–161.Google Scholar
- 13.F.V. Orlenko, V.S. Shikalov, S.V. Klinkov, N.S. Ryashin, and V.F. Kosarev, Application of mask for cold spray coating production, in: 17th Int. Conf. on the Methods of Aerophys. Research: Abstracts, Part 1. Novosibirsk, 2014, P. 164–165.Google Scholar
- 14.S.V. Klinkov and V.F. Kosarev, Production of coating using CGS with a mask, in Interaction of Intensive Energy Fluxes with Materials for Advanced Technologies and Medicine: Abstracts, V Russian Conf., Vol. 2, Novosibirsk: Parallel, 2015, P. 40–44.Google Scholar