The travel times of regional P and S for spreading ridges in the European Arctic
- 76 Downloads
The methodology of P-receiver functions was used to determine the crustal and upper mantle structure for two areas in the Euro-Arctic region, namely, the Svalbard archipelago and Franz Josef Land. This made it possible to derive two travel-time tables for regional seismic P and S waves (NOES and Sval). The accuracy of these tables was tested by comparing them with the IASPEI91, BARENTS, and BARENTS3D tables to show that NOES is the optimal choice for earthquake location in the area of spreading ridges in the European Arctic.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- GEOFON [Electronic resource]. The access is at http://geofon.gfz-potsdam.de/geofon/(date of request: July 10, 2015).Google Scholar
- International Seismological Centre (ISC) [Electronic resource]. The access is at: http://www.isc.ac.uk/(date of request: July 10, 2015).Google Scholar
- Jeffreys, H. and Bullen, K.E, Seismological Tables, British Association for the Advancement of Science, London, 1940.Google Scholar
- Kremenetskaya, E., Asming, V., and Vinogradov, Yu., Seismic profiling and calibration of seismic travel-time models for Barents region, Geophys. Res. Abstracts, 2004, vol. 6. URL: 1607-7962/gra/EGU04-A-00881.Google Scholar
- Morozov, A.N. and Vaganova, N.V, Seismic travel times for the northern Russian plate as derived from observations of the Arkhangel’sk seismograph network, Razvedka i Okhrana Nedr, 2011, no. 12, pp. 48–51.Google Scholar
- Ottemöller, L. and Midzi, V., The crustal structure of Norway from inversion of teleseismic receiver functions, J. of Seismology, 2003, vol. 7, pp. 35–48.Google Scholar
- Tikhonov, A.N. and Arsenin, V.Ya., Metody resheniya nekorrektnykh zadach (Methods for Dealing with Ill- Posed Problems), Moscow: Nauka, 1979.Google Scholar