Improving quality of graph partitioning using multi-level optimization
- 64 Downloads
Graph partitioning is required for solving tasks on graphs that need to be distributed over disks or computers. This problem is well studied, but the majority of the results on this subject are not suitable for processing graphs with billions of nodes on commodity clusters, since they require shared memory or lowlatency messaging. One of the approaches suitable for cluster computing is the balanced label propagation, which is based on the label propagation algorithm. In this work, we show how multi-level optimization can be used to improve quality of the partitioning obtained by means of the balanced label propagation algorithm.
KeywordsComputer Node Multi Level Initial Partitioning Social Graph Edge Contraction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Raghavan, U., Albert, R., and Kumara, S., Near linear time algorithm to detect community structures in largescale networks, Phys. Rev., E 76, 036106. Published September 11, 2007.Google Scholar
- 6.Dean, J. and Ghemawat, S., MapReduce: Simplified data processing on large clusters, OSDI'04: Sixth Symp. on Operating System Design and Implementation, San Francisco, 2004, pp. 137–150.Google Scholar
- 7.Zaharia M. et al., Resilient distributed datasets: A faulttolerant abstraction for in-memory cluster computing, Proc. of the 9th USENIX Conf. on Networked Systems Design and Implementation, NSDI'12 (San Jose, 2012), San Jose: USENIX Association, 2012.Google Scholar
- 8.Stanford Network Analysis Project, LiveJournal social network. 2006. http://snap.stanford.edu/data//socLiveJournal1.html.Google Scholar
- 10.Sampling Online Social Networks, Facebook Social Graph. 2009. http://odysseas.calit2.uci.edu/doku.php//public:online_social_networks$#$facebook_social_graph¯_mhrw_uni.Google Scholar
- 11.Gjoka, M. et al., Walking in Facebook: A case study of unbiased sampling of OSNs, Proc. of the 29th Conf. on Information Communications, INFOCOM’10 (San Diego, 2010), San Diego: IEEE, 2010, pp. 2498–2506.Google Scholar
- 12.Gonzalez, J.E. et al., PowerGraph: Distributed graphparallel computation on natural graphs, Proc. of the 10th USENIX Conf. on Operating Systems Design and Implementation, OSDI'12 (Hollywood, 2012), Hollywood: USENIX Association, 2012, pp. 17–30.Google Scholar