Query processing in a DBMS for cluster systems
- 86 Downloads
The paper is devoted to the problem of effective query execution in cluster-based systems. An original approach to data placement and replication on the nodes of a cluster system is presented. Based on this approach, a load balancing method for parallel query processing is developed. A method for parallel query execution in cluster systems based on the load balancing method is suggested. Results of computational experiments are presented, and analysis of efficiency of the proposed approaches is performed.
KeywordsLoad Balance Query Processing Cluster System Input Stream Replication Factor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Chaudhuri, S. and Narasayya, V., Self-tuning Database Systems: A Decade of Progress, Proc. of the 33rd Int. Conf. on Very Large Data Bases, Vienna, 2007, pp. 3–14.Google Scholar
- 3.Xu, Y., Kostamaa, P., Zhou, X., and Chen, L., Handling Data Skew in Parallel Joins in Shared-nothing Systems, Proc. of the ACM SIGMOD Int. Conf. on Management of Data, Vancouver: ACM, 2008, pp. 1043–1052.Google Scholar
- 4.Han, W., Ng, J., Markl, V., Kache, H., and Kandil, M., Progressive Optimization in a Shared-nothing Parallel Database, Proc. of the ACM SIGMOD Int. Conf. on Management of Data, Beijing, 2007, pp. 809–820.Google Scholar
- 5.Zhou, J., Cieslewicz, J., Ross, K.A., and Shah, M., Improving Database Performance on Simultaneous Multithreading Processors, Proc. of the 31st Int. Conf. on Very Large Data Bases, Trondheim, Norway, 2005, pp. 49–60.Google Scholar
- 9.Kostenetskii, P.S., Lepikhov, A.V., and Sokolinskii, L.B., Technologies of Parallel Database Systems for Hierarchical Multiprocessor Environments, Avtom. Telemekh., 2007, no. 5, pp. 112–125 [Automation Remote Control (Engl. Transl.), 2007, vol. 68, no. 5, pp. 847–859.Google Scholar
- 10.Sokolinskii, L.B., Organization of Parallel Query Processing in Multiprocessor Database Machines with Hierarchical Architecture, Programmirovanie, 2001, no. 6, pp. 13–29. [Programming Comput. Software (Engl. Transl.), 2001, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 297–308].Google Scholar
- 11.Lepikhov, A.V. and Sokolinsky, L.B., Data Placement Strategy in Hierarchical Symmetrical Multiprocessor Systems, Proc. of Spring Young Researchers Colloquium in Databases and Information Systems (SYRCo-DIS’2006), Moscow: Moscow State University, 2006, pp. 31–36.Google Scholar
- 12.Parallel DBMS “Omega” for Multiprocessor Hierarchies. URL: http://fireforge.net/projects/omega/.
- 13.Rating TOP50: A list of 50 Most Powerful Computers in CIS. URL: http://supercomputers.ru/.
- 14.Computational Cluster “SKIF Ural”. URL: http://supercomputer.susu.ru/computers/ckif-ural/.