The Role of Initial Conditions and Parameters of the Model in Evolution of the Universe. Case Study: Brans-Dicke Theory in Einstein Frame
- 7 Downloads
The dynamics of the Brans-Dicke (BD) cosmology in the Einstein frame is studied. We implement phase-space analysis in order to investigate the role of initial conditions and model parameters in the evolution of the universe. The phase plane algorithm and stability of the model are considered in the Einstein Frame where the cosmological background is described in Λ-Cold Dark Matter (ΛCDM) and is supplemented by a Jordan-Fierz-Brans-Dicke field. Our results show: (1) The model parameter α (the coupling strength of the BD scalar field to matter sources) in the Einstein frame plays an important role in the model stability whereas the initial conditions significantly affect the cosmic dynamics. (2) Using type Ia SNIa data, we fit the parameters of the model with observation and show that the current value of the effective equation of state (EoS) parameter is within the range supported by observations. (3) The phase space analysis implies that the universe approaches an attractor in the near future.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 12.P. Jordan, Schwerkaft und Weltall. A New Strategy for Solving Two Cosmological Constant Problems in Hadron Physics. (Vieweg, Braunschweig, 1955).Google Scholar
- 13.A. A. Starobinsky and J. Yokoyama, “Density fluctuations in Brans-Dicke inflation,” gr-qc/9502002.Google Scholar
- 15.L. Qiang, Y. Ma, M. Han, and D. Yu, “Fivedimensional Brans-Dicke theory and cosmic acceleration,” Phys. Rev. D 71, 061501(R) (2005).Google Scholar
- 18.C. H. Brans, “The roots of scalar-tensor theory: An approximate history,” gr-qc/0506063.Google Scholar
- 19.A. Coc, K. A. Olive, J. P. Uzan, and E. Vangioni, “QCD effects in cosmology,” arXiv: 0811. 1845.Google Scholar
- 25.A. Abebe, A. de la Cruz-Dombriz, and P. K. S. Dunsby, “Large scale structure constraints for a class of f(R) theories of gravity,” arXiv: 1304. 3462.Google Scholar
- 29.R. Amanullah et al., “Spectra and light curves of six Type Ia Supernovae at 0. 511 < z < 1. 12 and the Union2 Compilation,” arXiv: 1004. 1711.Google Scholar
- 30.Y.-F. Cai et al., “Direct probe of dark energy through gravitational dark energy,” Phys. Rept, in press, doi10. 1016/j. physrep. 2010. 04. 001 (2010).Google Scholar
- 35.J. Q. Xia et al., Int. J. Mod. Phys. D17, 1229 (2009).Google Scholar
- 39.Orest Hrycyna and Marek Szydlowski, “Cosmological dynamics with nonminimally coupled scalar field and a constant potential function,” JCAP 12, 016 (2013).Google Scholar