On fractional differential models for cosmic ray diffusion
- 65 Downloads
We consider a model of anomalous cosmic ray diffusion with a finite velocity of free particle motion. Inclusion of the finite velocity substantially modifies the anomalous diffusion equation and its solutions. The propagator in the one-dimensional version of the model is presented in an analytic form. The three-dimensional case is considered numerically. The observed differences are discussed.
KeywordsMaterial Derivative Ballistic Restriction Finite Velocity Fractional Derivative Model Fractional Kinetic Equation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.L. I. Dorman, Experimental and Theoretical Foundations of Cosmic Ray Astrophysics (Nauka, Moscow, 1975).Google Scholar
- 3.V. V. Lagutin and V. V. Uchaikin, in Proc. 27th Int. Cosmic Ray Conf. (Hamburg, 2001), Vol. 5, p. 1896.Google Scholar
- 5.A. A. Lagutin and A. G. Tyumentsev, The Spectrum, Mass Composition and Anisotropy of Cosmic Rays in a Fractal Galaxy, Izvestiya Altaiskogo Gosuniversiteta No. 5, 4 (2004).Google Scholar
- 6.A. A. Lagutin, Yu. A. Nikulin, and V. V. Uchaikin, A Break In The Cosmic Ray Spectrum as a Consequence of the Fractal Magnetic Field of the Galaxy, Preprint AGU-2000/4, Barnaul, 2000.Google Scholar
- 7.V. Yu. Zaburdaev and K.V. Chukbar. Accelerated Superdiffusion and a Finite Velocity of Free Motion, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 121(2), 299–307 (2002).Google Scholar
- 9.V. V. Uchaikin and R. T. Sibatov, A One-Dimensional Fractal Walk with a Finite Velocity of Free Motion, Pis’ma v Zh. Tekhn. Fiz. 30(8), 27 (2004).Google Scholar
- 10.R. T. Sibatov and V. V. Uchaikin, Statistics of Photon Counts at Scintillating Fluorescence of Quantum Dots, Optika i Spektroskipiya 108(5), 804 (2010).Google Scholar
- 11.V.V. Uchaikin and R. T. Sibatov, A StatisticalModel of Scintillating Fluorescence, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 136(4 (10)), 627 (2009).Google Scholar
- 12.V. V. Uchaikin and R. T. Sibatov, Subrecoil Laser Cooling Dynamics: Fractional Derivative Approach, Statistical Mechanics: Theory and Experiment, P04001, 1 (2009).Google Scholar
- 14.K. Iosida, Functional Analysis (Mir, Moscow, 1967).Google Scholar