On particle collisions near rotating black holes
- 87 Downloads
Scattering of particles with different masses and energy in the gravitational field of rotating black holes is considered both outside and inside the black hole. Expressions for scattering energy of particles in the center-of-mass reference frame are obtained. It is shown that the scattering energy of particles in this frame can acquire very large values not only for extremal black holes but also for nonextremal ones if one takes into account multiple scattering. Numerical estimates for the time needed for a particle to get ultrarelativistic energy are given.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.S.-W. Wei, Y.-X. Liu, H. Guo, and C.-E. Fu, Charged Spinning Black Holes as Particle Accelerators, arXiv: 1006.1056; S.-W. Wei, Y.-X. Liu, H.-T. Li, and F.-W. Chen, Particle Collisions on Stringy Black Hole Background, arXiv: 1007.4333.Google Scholar
- 4.O. B. Zaslavskii, Acceleration of Particles as a Universal Property of Rotating Black Holes, arXiv: 1007.3678; Acceleration of Particles by Nonrotating Charged Black Holes, arXiv: 1007.4598.Google Scholar
- 5.P.-J. Mao, R. Li, L.-Y. Jia, and J.-R. Ren, Kaluza-Klein Black Holes as Particles Accelerators, arXiv: 1008.2660.Google Scholar
- 7.A. A. Grib and Yu. V. Pavlov, On Particle Collisions near Kerr’s Black Holes, arXiv: 1007.3222.Google Scholar
- 8.T. Harada and M. Kimura, Collision of an ISCO Particle around a Kerr Black Hole, arXiv: 1010.0962.Google Scholar