Standardization as an Instrument of Environmental Regulation of Water Use
- 16 Downloads
World experience is analyzed to show that the role of standardization in water use management has increased considerably in the recent years. The state of the technical regulation of water use in the Russian Federation is considered, and the use of standardization in this sphere is shown to be not perfect. The main functions of standardization as an instrument of environmental management are determined. Examples are discussed to show that the lack of standards causes errors in the application of the Russian legislation now in force. An example shows how the described approach to standardization can be used to solve the problem of control of water advanced treatment by criterion of maximal benefit.
Keywords:standardization technical regulation water use water quality
This study was supported by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research, project no. 17-06-00010.
- 1.Aronov, I.Z. and Salamatov, V.Yu., US national system of standardization. Experience of operation under the conditions of WTO, Stand. Kach., 2017, no. 9, pp. 26–29.Google Scholar
- 2.Bychkov, K.V., Reforms continue. We keep our finger on the pulse, Kontrol Kach. Prod., 2017, no. 4, pp. 27–32.Google Scholar
- 3.Global approach—European Union policy in consistency assessment, ISO Bulletin, 2001, no. 8, pp. 11–14.Google Scholar
- 4.Danilov-Danilyan, V.I. and Rozental, O.M., Standards and quality of environmental regulation, Stand. Kach., no. 4, 2012, pp. 46–50.Google Scholar
- 5.Danilov-Danilyan, V.I. and Rozental, O.M., Standardization as an element of water management, Vodn. Khoz. Rossii, 2015, pp. 44–47.Google Scholar
- 6.Koreshkov, V.N., Unified system of technical regulation in EEU—a way toward integration, Stand. Kach., 2016, no. 5, pp 6–11.Google Scholar
- 7.Rukovodstvo po primeneniyu direktiv Evropeiskogo Soyuza novogo i global’nogo podkhoda (Guide for Application of European Union Directives for a New and Global Approach), Brussel: ES, 2000.Google Scholar
- 8.Sustainable Development Goals, UN General Assembly Resolution, September 25, 2015. https://unctad.org/meetings/en/SessionalDocuments/ares70d1_ru.pdfGoogle Scholar