Justification of Hydrological Safety Conditions in Residential Areas Using Numerical Modelling
- 5 Downloads
The present paper looks at the application of modern technology of numerical modelling to simulate natural and human-induced river floods of residential areas. The modelling is based on the use of 2D shallow-water equations and 3D digital terrain models. The application of adaptive mesh generator and effective algorithms of parallel computing using NVIDIA graphics processors with CUDA technology enables calculating the areas and depths of flooding in a big city, taking into account all residential, industrial, and road constructions. Each one of them is specifically singled out on the mesh. This enables the reproduction of the real course of a flood well.
Keywordsresidential areas flood dam-break wave flooded area numerical modelling
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Aleksyuk, A.I. and Belikov, V.V., STREAM 2D CUDA software package for calculating currents, bottom deformations, and transfer of contaminations in open streams using CUDA technology (on NVIDIA graphics processors), Certificate of state registration of a computer program № 2017660266, 2017.Google Scholar
- 5.Krylenko, I.N., Water regime and hydrological safety of developed river parts, Cand. Sci. (Geogr.) Dissertation, Moscow: Moscow State University, 2007, p. 183.Google Scholar
- 7.Prudovsky, A.M. The development of an outlet at the break of an earth dam, in Bezopasnost’ energeticheskikh sooruzheniy (Safety of power plants), Moscow: NIIES, 1998, nos. 2–3, pp. 67–79.Google Scholar
- 8.Revised Edition of Construction Norms and Rules. 2.06.15-85, Set of Rules 104.13330.2016: Engineering Protection against Floods, 2017.Google Scholar
- 9.Revised Edition of Construction Norms and Rules. 2.07.01-89*, Set of Rules 42.13330.2011: City Planning. Planning and Development of Urban and Village Settlements, 2011.Google Scholar
- 10.Revised Edition of Construction Norms and Rules. 33-01-2003 (with the change of N 1), Set of Rules 58.13330.2012: Hydrotechnical Constructions. Basic Framework, 2013.Google Scholar
- 11.Safety Declaration for Hydraulic Structures of Rybinsk Hydroelectric Power Plant. Affiliation of OAO RusHydro (A Publicly Held Company)—Verkhnevolzhsky Hydroelectric Power Chain, Rybinsk, 2015.Google Scholar