Nonholonomic dynamics and control of a spherical robot with an internal omniwheel platform: Theory and experiments
- 45 Downloads
We present the results of theoretical and experimental investigations of the motion of a spherical robot on a plane. The motion is actuated by a platform with omniwheels placed inside the robot. The control of the spherical robot is based on a dynamic model in the nonholonomic statement expressed as equations of motion in quasivelocities with indeterminate coefficients. A number of experiments have been carried out that confirm the adequacy of the dynamic model proposed.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S.-S. Ahn and Y.-J. Lee, “Novel spherical robot with hybrid pendulum driving mechanism,” Adv. Mech. Eng. 2014, 456727 (2014).Google Scholar
- 3.A. V. Borisov, Yu. L. Karavaev, I. S. Mamaev, N. N. Erdakova, T. B. Ivanova, and V. V. Tarasov, “Experimental investigation of the motion of a body with an axisymmetric base sliding on a rough plane,” Regul. Chaotic Dyn. 20(5), 518–541 (2015) [Nelinein. Din. 11(3), 547–577 (2015)].MathSciNetCrossRefzbMATHGoogle Scholar
- 11.V. A. Crossley, “A literature review on the design of spherical rolling robots,” Preprint (Carnegie Mellon Univ., Pittsburgh, PA, 2006).Google Scholar
- 15.J. Lee and W. Park, “Design and path planning for a spherical rolling robot,” in Proc. ASME 2013 International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition (ASME, 2013, paper no. IMECE2013-64994).Google Scholar
- 17.T. Ylikorpi, P. Forsman, A. Halme, and J. Saarinen, “Unified representation of decoupled dynamic models for pendulum-driven ball-shaped robots,” in Proc. 28th Eur. Conf. on Modelling and Simulation, Brescia, 2014 (ECMS, 2014), pp. 411–420.Google Scholar
- 18.T. Ylikorpi and J. Suomela, “Ball-shaped robots,” in Climbing and Walking Robots: Towards New Applications, Ed. by H. Zhang (I-Tech Educ. Publ., Vienna, 2007), pp. 235–256.Google Scholar
- 19.T. Yu, H. Sun, Q. Jia, Y. Zhang, and W. Zhao, “Stabilization and control of a spherical robot on an inclined plane,” Res. J. Appl. Sci. Eng. Technol. 5(6), 2289–2296 (2013).Google Scholar
- 20.Q. Zhan, “Motion planning of a spherical mobile robot,” in Motion and Operation Planning of Robotic Systems: Background and Practical Approaches (Springer, Cham, 2015), pp. 361–381.Google Scholar