On the time-optimal problem for three- and four-dimensional control systems
The paper is devoted to the time-optimal problem for three- and four-dimensional nonlinear control systems with one-dimensional control. We obtain sufficient conditions for a time-optimal control to be equivalent (in the Lebesgue sense) to a piecewise constant control that is also optimal, has a finite number of discontinuity points, and takes only extreme values. Such optimal controls are called bang-bang solutions and are of considerable interest in control theory and its applications.
KeywordsSTEKLOV Institute Nontrivial Solution Control Object Adjoint Equation Optimal Control Theory
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.L. S. Pontryagin, V. G. Boltyanskii, R. V. Gamkrelidze, and E. F. Mishchenko, The Mathematical Theory of Optimal Processes (Nauka, Moscow, 1969; Pergamon Press, Oxford, 1964).Google Scholar
- 4.A. F. Filippov, “On Some Problems in Optimal Control Theory,” Vestn. Mosk. Univ., Ser. 1: Mat., Mekh., Astron., Fiz., Khim., No. 2, 25–32 (1959).Google Scholar
- 6.G. Sansone, Equazioni differenziali nel campo reale (N. Zanichelli, Bologna, 1948; Inostrannaya Literatura, Moscow, 1953), Vol. 1.Google Scholar
- 7.V. Volterra, Lecons sur la théorie mathématique de la lutte pour la vie (Gauthier-Villars, Paris, 1931; Nauka, Moscow, 1976).Google Scholar
- 8.A. S. Bratus’, A. S. Novozhilov, and A. P. Platonov, Dynamical Systems and Models in Biology (Fizmatlit, Moscow, 2010) [in Russian].Google Scholar