One approach to solving a discrete production planning problem with interval data
In this paper, we develop an approach to solving integer programming problems with interval data based on using the possibilities of varying the relaxation set of the problem. This is illustrated by means of an L-class enumeration algorithm for solving a dicrete production planning problem. We describe the algorithm and a number of its modifications and present results of a computational experiment for families of problems from the OR Library and with randomly generated initial data. This approach is also applied to obtain approximate solutions of the mentioned problem in its conventional setting.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.M. V. Devyaterikova, A. A. Kolokolov, and A. P. Kolosov, in Discrete Optimization and Operations Research (IM SO RAN, Novosibirsk, 2007), p. 124 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.A. A. Kolokolov and M. V. Devyaterikova, L-Class Enumeration Algorithms for the Knapsack Problem with Interval Data (Izd. Omsk. Gos. Univ., Omsk, 2001) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.A. A. Kolokolov and A. P. Kolosov, in Information Bulletin of the Mathematical Programming Association (UrO RAN, Yekaterinburg, 2007), No. 11, p. 186 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.I. V. Sergienko, L. N. Kozeratskaya, and T. T. Lebedeva, Stability and Parametric Analysis of Discrete Optimization Problems (Naukova Dumka, Kiev, 1995) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.M. V. Devyaterikova and A. A. Kolokolov, in Proc. 12th IFAC Symposium on Information Control Problems in Manufacturing (Elsevier Science, 2006), Vol. 3, pp. 9–13.Google Scholar
- 10.E. Y.-H. Lin, INFOR 36(4), 274 (1998).Google Scholar
- 12.A. Mahjoub, J. Miheliǧ, C. Rapine, and B. Robiǧ, in Discrete Optimization Methods in Production and Logistics (Nasledie Dialog-Sibir’, Omsk, 2004), pp. 75–80.Google Scholar