Copolymerization of Styrene with Methacrylates in Petroleum Bitumen and Properties of Resulting Composites
- 2 Downloads
Copolymerization of styrene with methyl or butylmethacrylates in road petroleum bitumen is studied. The copolymerization of the comonomers selected proceeds in the bituminous medium according to the same laws as in the mass and depends on concentration of the methacrylates. Polymer–bitumen composites, which can be potentially used as structural polymeric materials, have been obtained and studied.
Keywords:petroleum bitumen styrene methylmethacrylate butylmethacrylate copolymerization polymer–bitumen composites
This work was financially supported by the Russian Ministry of Education and Science (task no. 2014/51) within the framework of a state order of the Russian Ministry of Education and Science (no. 4.510.2014/К).
- 1.Athanassios, N., Highway Engineering: Pavements, Materials and Control of Quality, Boca Raton, Fla.: CRC, 2015.Google Scholar
- 2.Polymer Modified Bitumen: Properties and Characterisation, Woodhead Publishing Series in Civil and Structural Engineering, McNally, T., Ed., Oxford: Woodhead, 2011.Google Scholar
- 6.Zhitov, R.G., Kizhnyaev, V.N., and Smirnov, A.I., Radical polymerization of styrene and metacrylates in medium of oil bitumen, Polym. Sci., Ser. D, 2012, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 253–256. https://doi.org/10.1134/ S1995421212040247Google Scholar
- 8.Shushunova, N.Yu., Arsenyev, M.V., Glukhova, T.A., Zaitsev, S.D., and Chesnokov, S.A., Polymerization of butyl acrylate and butyl methacrylate in the presence of o-quinone methacrylate, Polym. Sci., Ser. B, 2015, vol. 57, no. 3, pp. 207–216. https://doi.org/10.1134/ S1560090415030070CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 9.Renewable Polymers: Synthesis, Processing, and Technology, Mittal, V., Ed., Salem, Mass.: Wiley-Scrivener, 2011.Google Scholar