Interphase Distribution of Lanthanide Salts in Multicomponent Aqueous–Organic Two-Phase Systems
- 13 Downloads
The interphase distribution of lanthanide salts in ternary aqueous–organic systems of various compositions has been studied. It has been shown that the distribution of lanthanide salts in multicomponent aqueous–organic systems differs from their distribution in extraction systems. The order of extractability of lanthanide chlorides and lanthanide nitrates in a 1 : 1 : 1 system (0.5 M NaCl (NaNO3) in water–binary extractant in hexane–isopropyl alcohol) has been determined.
Keywords:lanthanide chlorides lanthanide nitrates multicomponent aqueous–organic two-phase systems interphase distribution separation extractability
This work was supported in part by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research (project no. 17-03-00263) and performed under a state order to the Kurnakov Institute of General and Inorganic Chemistry, Russian Academy of Sciences, in the field of basic research.
- 2.Minagawa, Y. and Yamaguchi, K., Relative extraction rates of rare earth ions from weakly acidic solution of binary mixture of rare earth chlorides by di-(2-ethyl-hexyl) phosphoric acid/kerosine, Hydrometallurgy, 1990, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 333–350. https://doi.org/ 10.1016/0304-386X(90)90097-LCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 3.Kalyakin, S.N., Kuz’min, V.I., and Mulagaleeva, M.A., The application of binary extractants based on di-(2-ethyl-hexyl) phosphoric acid to the separation of lanthanides, Tsvetn. Met., 2011, no. 3, pp. 51–54.Google Scholar
- 5.Egorova, N.S., Belova, V.V., Voshkin, A.A., Zhilov, V.I., and Khol’kin, A.I., Extraction of lanthanide chlorides by binary extractants based on phosphinic acid derivatives, Russ. J. Inorg. Chem., 2005, vol. 50, no. 11, pp. 1781–1784.Google Scholar
- 7.Zakhodyaeva, Yu.A., Belova, V.V., Egorova, N.S., and Khol’kin, A.I., Extraction of rare earth metal salts using methyltrioctylammonium dialkyl phosphate and dialkyl phosphinate, Khim. Tekhnol., 2015, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 23–29.Google Scholar
- 10.Kostanyan, A.E., On the description of liquid–liquid chromatography processes with a free stationary phase, Khim. Tekhnol., 2004, vol. 5, no. 8, pp. 39–42.Google Scholar
- 11.Kostanyan, A.E., Ignatova, S., Sutherland, I.A., Hewitson, P., Zakhodjaeva, Y.A., and Erastov, A.A., Steady-state and non-steady state operation of counter-current chromatography devices, J. Chromatogr. A, 2013, vol. 1314, pp. 94–105. https://doi.org/10.1016/ j.chroma.2013.08.100CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 21.Steblevskaya, N.I., Medkov, M.A., and Belobeletskaya, M.V., Extraction of the coordination compounds of rare earth elements with different ligands and its application to the synthesis of nanosized oxide composites, Vestn. Dal’nevost. Otd. Ross. Akad. Nauk, 2010, no. 5, pp. 67–74.Google Scholar
- 22.Peppard, D.F. and Wason, G.W., Liquid-liquid extraction of trivalent rare earths using acidic phosphonates as extractants, Rare Earth Research, Kleber, E.V., Ed., New York: Macmillan, 1961, pp. 37–50.Google Scholar