A Numerical Study of the Force Effects of Solar Radiation on Spacecraft Surfaces Considering their Real Geometry
- 9 Downloads
The effect of solar radiation on two typical external surfaces of a spacecraft is studied using numerical simulation by considering real geometry (geometry deviation from the nominal shape). The results of simulation are presented in this paper. Geometry deviations are simulated by two types of regular external heterogeneities. We compare the force and torque characteristics of solar radiation on nonuniform surfaces with similar characteristics for nominal surfaces and we find that the disagreement between them can reach 90% both in absolute value and sign. This means that it is necessary to consider the deviations in geometry from nominal for proper design and operation of spacecraft.
Keywordsspacecraft nominal surface regular surface nonuniformity dimensionless force and torque characteristics
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Evgrafov, A.E. and Pol’, V.G., To the problem on forming the round-like low near-Earth orbits for spacecrafts, Vestn. NPO im. S.A. Lavochkina, 2016, no. 4, pp. 67–74.Google Scholar
- Finchenko, V.S. and Shmatov, S.I., AIRSOL software complex for calculating aero dynamical and radiation effects onto spacecrafts, in Aktual’nye voprosy proektirovaniya kosmicheskikh sistem i kompleksov (Topical Design Problems for Space Systems and Complexes), Polishchuk, G.M. and Pichkhadze, K.M., Eds., Moscow: NPO im. S.A. Lavochkina, Ross. Akad. Kosm. im. K.E. Tsiolkovskogo, 2005, no. 6, pp. 394–401.Google Scholar
- Kardashev, N.S., Alakoz, A.V., Andrianov, A.S., Artyukhov, M.I., et al., RADIOASTRON: results of scientific program for 5 years of flight, Vestn. NPO im. S.A. Lavochkina, 2016, no. 3, pp. 4–24.Google Scholar
- Shmatov, S.I. and Mordvinkin, A.S., The correlation between some real geometrical features of spacecrafts surface and solar radiation impact on them, in Aktual’nye problemy rossiiskoi kosmonavtiki: materialy XXXIX akademicheskikh chtenii po kosmonavtike (Proc. 49th Academic Readings on Cosmonautics “Topical Problems of Russian Cosmonautics”), Moscow: Mosk. Gos. Tekh. Univ. im. N.E. Baumana, 2015.Google Scholar
- Zaslavskii, G.S., Zakhvatkin, M.V., Stepan’yants, V.A., Tuchin, A.G., et al., Ballistic and navigation support for controlling the spacecraft flight and for performing the scientific problem “RADIOASTRON”. 5 years of flight, Vestn. NPO im. S.A. Lavochkina, 2016, no. 3, pp. 25–37.Google Scholar