On Continuous Observations of Thin Walls of High-Density Plasma in the High-Latitude Ionosphere from Arktika-M Satellites
- 5 Downloads
A new structure element of the Arctic ionosphere has been detected from the data of topside sounding of the ionosphere: quasi-vertical walls of high-density plasma. The importance of studying this phenomenon for geophysics and the practice of radio wave propagation in high latitudes is noted. The Arktika-M hydrometeorological space complex with an onboard ionosonde is proposed for its study. The possibility of observing and analyzing all life-cycle phases of this ionospheric inhomogeneity is shown.
Keywordsionosphere ionosphere monitoring the Arctic Arktika-M transionospheric sounding
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Akhmedshin, R.L., Danilkin, N.P., Zhuravlev, S.V., Kiselev, G.N., et al., in Rezul’taty pervoi nauchnoi ekspeditsii v pripolyusnom raione na atomnom ledokole “Sibir’” (Results of the 1st Scientific Expedition in near-Pole Region by Nuclear Power Ice-Breaker Sibir’), Leningrad: Gidrometeoizdat, 1990, pp. 100–135.Google Scholar
- Astashkin, A.A., Komissarova, I.N., Markelova, T.S., Nagovitsina, N.V., et al., Information support for researching Arctic region by using hydrometeorological system ARKTIKA-M, Kosm. Raketostr., 2015, no. 6 (85), pp. 11–19.Google Scholar
- Danilkin, N.P., Transionospherical radiosounding results of past experiments and plans for the MIR inhabited space station, Proc. Session G5 at the XXVth General Assembly of the International Union of Radio Science (URSI), Lille, France, August 28–September 5, 1996, Ghent: Int. Union Radio Sci., 1996, p. 353.Google Scholar
- Danilkin, N.P., Transionospherical propagation at the boundary of radio transparency range: results of Russian space experiments and plans for low orbiting pilot space station, Proc. Tenth Int. Conf. on Antennas and Propagation (ICAP'97), Edinburgh, United Kingdom, April 14–17, 1997, Piscataway, NJ: Inst. Electr. Electron. Eng., 1997, no. 436, pp. 2–31.Google Scholar
- Danilkin, N.P., Ionosphere radio-probing by onboard and on-ground ion probes, Tr. Inst. Prikl. Geofiz. im. Akad. E.K. Fedorova, 2014, no. 91.Google Scholar
- Danilkin, N.P., Zhuravlev, S.V., Morozova, L.P., and Pogorelov, V.I., Cross-section of ionization heterogeneities of “wall” type in high latitude atmosphere, Geomagn. Aeron., 1995, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 173–175.Google Scholar
- Danilkin, N.P., Zhuravlev, S.V., Kotonaeva, N.G., Anishin, M.M., and Kuraev, M.A., Modeling an experiment on radio sounding of the ionosphere from the artificial earth satellite Kosmos 1809 in the presence of vertical electron concentration inhomogeneities in the Arctic region, Geomagn. Aeron., 2012, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 229–234.ADSCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Danilkin, N.P., Zhuravlev, S.V., Kotonaeva, N.G., Lapshin, V.B., et al., Radio-probing of high latitude ionosphere with the help of hydro-meteorological complex ARKTIKA- M, Vestn. NPO im. S.A. Lavochkina, 2017, no. 3, pp. 103–109.Google Scholar
- Lapshin, V.B., Mikhailov, A.V., Danilov, A.D., Deminov, M.G., et al., SIMP model as a new state standard of electrons distribution in the ionosphere (GOST (State Standard) no. 25645.146), in Trudy XXV Vserossiiskoi otkrytoi nauchnoi konferentsii “Rasprostranenie radiovoln” 4–9 iyulya 2016 g. (Proc. 25th All-Russian Open Sci. Conf. “Radiowaves Propagation,” July 4–9, 2016), Tomsk, 2016, vol. I, pp. 51–57.Google Scholar
- Lukin, D.S. and Spiridonov, Yu.G., The way to apply characteristics method for solving problems on electromagnetic waves distribution in inhomogeneous anisotropic mediums by PC, in Luchevoe priblizhenie i voprosy rasprostraneniya radiovoln (Ray Approximation and the Problem on Radiowaves Propagation), Moscow: Nauka, 1971, pp. 265–279.Google Scholar