Structure and Tribological Properties of the Wear-Resistant Coatings Deposited Using Flux-Cored Wires Modified by Tantalum and Tungsten
- 1 Downloads
Test flux-cored wires for arc spraying technology are developed. Tantalum and tungsten powders are selected as modifying additives. A PGSR-4 (Ni–Cr–B–Si) commercial powder is the basis of the powder material. The structure of the modified coatings is studied by metallographic analysis. Wear tests of the modified coatings are performed by slipping friction. The friction coefficients and the roughness characteristics are measured.
Keywords:flux cored wire electric arc spraying coating modification structure sliding friction wear friction coefficient
We thank N.F. Struchkov for his help in preparing this manuscript.
- 1.V. N. Boronenkov and Yu. S. Korobov, Principles of Arch Metallization. Physical-Chemical Regularities (Ural. Gos. Univ., Yekaterinburg, 2012).Google Scholar
- 2.V. E. Arkhipov, Gas-Dynamic Spraying. The Structure and Properties of Coatings (Krasand, Moscow, 2017).Google Scholar
- 3.V. N. Gadalov, Metallography of Metals, Powder Materials, and Coatings Applied by Electro Spark Methods (INFRA-M, Moscow, 2011).Google Scholar
- 4.A. A. Usol’tsev, N. V. Kibko, N. A. Kozyrev, L. P. Bashchenko, and A. I. Gusev, “Investigation of the quality of metal deposited by flux-cored Fe–C–Si–Mn–Cr–Ni–Mo wires,” Vestn. Sib. Gos. Ind. Univ. 23 (1), 4–9 (2018).Google Scholar
- 5.E. V. Kapralov, S. V. Raykov, E. A. Budovskikh, V. E. Gromov, E. S. Vaschuk, and Yu. F. Ivanov, “Structural-phase states and properties of coatings welded onto steel surfaces using powder wires,” Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Fiz. 78 (10) 1226–1272 (2014).Google Scholar
- 6.O. N. Fomina, Powder Metallurgy. Encyclopedia of International Standards, 2nd ed. (Protector, Moscow, 2015).Google Scholar
- 7.Yu. V. Levinskii and M. P. Lebedev, Theoretical Foundations of Sintering Processes of Metal Powders (Nauchnyi Mir, Moscow, 2014).Google Scholar
- 8.V. L. Popov, Mechanics of Contact Interaction and Friction Physics. From Nanotribology to Earthquake Dynamics (Fiziko-Matematicheskaya Literatura, Moscow, 2013).Google Scholar
- 9.A. Kh. Dzhanakhmedov, Sinergetics and Fractals in Tribology (Apostroff, Baku, 2014).Google Scholar
- 10.V. S. Kombalov, Effect of the Roughness of Solids on the Friction and Wear (Nauka, Moscow, 1974).Google Scholar