Formation of an Electrode Deposit under Galvanostatic Conditions
- 10 Downloads
The laws of formation of a continuous deposit layer at a given direct current are considered. Equations are analyzed to calculate the time dependences of overpotential for instantaneous nucleation with kinetic or diffusion control of new-phase growth. The calculated dependences are compared with the experimental ones obtained for silicon electrodeposition from a fluoride–chloride melt.
This work was supported by the Russian Science Foundation, project no. 16-13-00061.
- 1.B. R. Scharifker and G. J. Hills, “Theoretical and experimental studies of multiple nucleation,” Electrochim. Acta 28 (7), 879–889 (1983).Google Scholar
- 2.B. R. Scharifker and J. Mostany, “Three-dimensional nucleation with diffusion controlled growth. Part I. Number density of active sites and nucleation rates per site,” J. Electroanal. Chem. 177, 13–23 (1984).Google Scholar
- 3.V. A. Isaev and A. N. Baraboshkin, “Three-dimensional electrochemical phase formation,” J. Electroanal. Chem. 377, 33–37 (1994).Google Scholar
- 4.V. A. Isaev, Electrochemical Phase Formation (UrO RAN, Yekaterinburg, 2007).Google Scholar
- 5.V. A. Isaev, O. V. Grishenkova, and Yu. P. Zaykov, “Analysis of the geometrical-probabilistic models of electrocrystallization,” Russ. Metall. (Metally), 2016 (8), 776–784 (2016).Google Scholar
- 6.V. A. Isaev and O. V. Grishenkova, “Kinetics of electrochemical nucleation and growth,” Electrochem. Comm. 3, 500–504 (2001).Google Scholar
- 7.V. A. Isaev and O. V. Grishenkova, “Galvanostatic phase formation,” J. Solid State Electrochem. 18, 2383–2386 (2014).Google Scholar
- 8.A. N. Kolmogorov, “On the statistical theory of metal crystallization,” Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR. Ser. Mat., No. 3, 355–359 (1937).Google Scholar
- 9.V. Z. Belenkii, Geometric-Probabilistic Models of Crystallization. Phenomenological Approach (Nauka, Moscow, 1980).Google Scholar
- 10.C. Johans, K. Kontturi, and D. J. Schiffrin, “Nucleation at liquid/liquid interfaces: galvanostatic study,” J. Electroanal. Chem. 526, 29–35 (2002).Google Scholar
- 11.Yu. P. Zaykov, S. I. Zhuk, A. V. Isakov, O. V. Grishenkova, and V. A. Isaev, “Electrochemical nucleation and growth of silicon in the KF–KCl–K2SiF6 melt,” J. Solid State Electrochem. 19, 1341–1345 (2015).Google Scholar
- 12.S. I. Zhuk, V. A. Isaev, O. V. Grishenkova, A. V. Isakov, A. P. Apisarov, and Yu. P. Zaykov, “Silicon electrodeposition from K2SiF6 and SiO2 containing chloride-fluoride melts,” J. Serbian Chem. Soc. 82, 51–62 (2017).Google Scholar