Effect of the Thermomechanical Treatment Conditions on the Consolidation, the Structure, and the Mechanical Properties of Bulk Al–Mg–C Nanocomposites
- 41 Downloads
The effect of the conditions of sintering under pressure (temperature, pressure) of mechanically synthesized Al–Mg–C nanocomposite powders on consolidation and the evolution of the structure–phase composition has been studied. The data on the mechanical properties of the prepared bulk nanocomposites are presented. It is found that the hardening of the material results from the joint action of the contributions of the nanostructuring of the matrix material, precipitation hardening due to the precipitation of the Al4C3 phase, and precipitation hardening with nanocrystalline graphite particles; i.e., the hardening obeys the Hall–Petch and Orowan mechanisms. The specific strength of the samples is dependent on the consolidation temperature and the graphite content in a charge and varies within the range 15.7–24.5 km.
Keywords:nanocomposite powder consolidation structure–phase composition microhardness ultimate strength aluminum nanocrystalline graphite specific strength.
This work was supported by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research, project no. 15-08-08032 a.
- 5.R. Pèrez-Bustamante, I. Estrada-Guel, W. Antùmez-Flores, M. Miki-Yoshida, P. J. Ferreira, and R. Martínez-Sànchez, “Novel Al-matrix nanocomposites reinforced with multi-walled carbon nanotubes,” J. Alloys Compd. 450, 323–326 (2008).Google Scholar
- 8.R. Pèrez-Bustamante, M.J. Gonzàlez-Ibarra, J. Gonzàlez-Cantù, I. Estrada-Guel, J. M. Herrera-Ramírez, M. Miki-Yoshida, and R. Martínez-Sànchez, “AA2024-CNTs composites by milling process after T6-temper condition,” J. Alloys Compd. 536S, 17–20 (2012).Google Scholar
- 10.A. V. Aborkin, A. I. Elkin, and D. M. Babin, “Features of the Variation of Energy-Power Parameters, Temperature, and Hydrostatic Pressure under the Continuous Extrusion of a Noncompact Aluminum Material,” Russian Journal of Non-Ferrous Metals 57 (1), 14–18 (2016).Google Scholar
- 11.V. V. Berbentsev, V. I. Bugakov, V. E. Vaganov, M. I. Alymov, and A. V. Aborkin, “Plastic deformation of the plastic matrix–hard inclusion composite system during high-temperature gas extrusion,” Rus. Metall. (Metally), No. 11, 1083–1086 (2016).Google Scholar
- 17.A. V. Aborkin, I. A. Evdokimov, V. E. Vaganov, M. I. Alymov, D. V. Abramov, and K. A. Khor’kov, “Influence of Mechanical Activation Mode on Morphology and Phase Composition of Al–2Mg–nC Nanostructured Composite Material,” Nanotechnologies in Russia 11 (5–6), 297–304 (2016).Google Scholar
- 18.A. V. Aborkin, M. I. Alymov, A. V. Kireev, A. I. Elkin, and A. V. Sobol’kov, “Mechanically Synthesized Composite Powder Based on AMg2 Alloy with Graphite Additives: Particle Size Distribution and Structural-Phase Composition,” Nanotechnologies in Russia 12 (7–8), 395–399 (2017).Google Scholar
- 19.E. P. Ahalunov, M. A. Shvedov, and I. V. Arkhipov, “Synthesis of dispersoids during reaction mechanical carbon alloying of the powder aluminum,” Vestnik Chuvash Univer., No. 2, 165–172 (2014).Google Scholar