Effect of chromium on the structure evolution in single-phase Ni–Cr alloys during high-pressure torsion
- 12 Downloads
The evolution of the structure and the hardness of single-phase Ni–Cr alloys with 2–12.5 at % Cr is studied during high-pressure torsion. It is established that the hardness of the alloys, unlike pure nickel, continuously increases in the entire true strain range 0.2–12. Alloying with chromium is shown to substantially inhibit the formation of a submicrocrystalline structure and to enhance the refinement of microcrystallites.
Keywordshigh-pressure torsion Ni–Cr alloy microstructure hardness dynamic recovery
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. A. Smirnova, V. I. Levit, V. P. Pilyugin, R. I. Kuznetsov, L. S. Davydova, and V. A. Sazonova, “Evolution of the structure of fcc single crystals upon severe plastic deformation,” Fiz. Met. Metalloved., 61 (6), 1170–1177 (1986).Google Scholar
- 6.T. M. Gapontseva, V. P. Pilyugin, L. M. Voronova, M. V. Degtyarev, T. I. Chashchukhina, and A. M. Patselov, “The change in the structure and the hardness of cobalt upon room-and low-temperature deformation under pressure,” Deform. Razr. Mater., No. 8, 24–27 (2006).Google Scholar
- 9.A. M. Vlasova, V. P. Pilyugin, B. A. Greenberg, O. V. Antonova, “Structural changes in polycrystalline magnesium after megaplastic deformation (high-pressure torsion),” Deform. Razr. Mater., No. 7, 2–9 (2015).Google Scholar
- 10.A. M. Patselov, M. V. Degtyarev, V. P. Pilyugin, T. I. Chashchukhina, L. M. Voronova, E. G. Chernyshev, and G. G. Taluts, “Stabilization of the ε phase of the 12Kh18N10T steel upon shear under pressure,” Phys. Met. Metallogr. 98 (2), 88–95 (2004).Google Scholar
- 12.S. V. Dobatkin, J. Zrník, and I. Mamuzić, “Nanostructures by severe plastic deformation of steels: advantages and problems,” Metalurgiya, 45 (4), 313–321 (2006).Google Scholar
- 15.D. P. Rodionov, I. V. Gervas’eva, and Yu. V. Khlebnikova, Textured Nickel-Alloy-Based Substrates (RIO UrO RAN, Yekaterinburg, 2012).Google Scholar
- 16.V. I. Trefilov, Yu.V. Mil’man, and S. A. Firstov, Physical Fundamentals of the Strength of Refractory Materials (Naukova Dumka, Kiev, 1975).Google Scholar