Joint effect of scandium and zirconium on the structure and the strength properties of Al–Mg2Si–Based alloys
- 44 Downloads
The joint effect of scandium and zirconium on the strength properties and the electrical resistivity of industrial Al–Mg2Si–based alloys has been studied. The additional alloying of Al–Mg2Si alloys with transition metals leads to substantial grain refinement of the aluminum solid-solution and, therefore, an increase in the strength properties of the industrial alloys.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. S. Makarov, Ingots of Aluminum Alloys with Magnesium and Zirconium for Compacting (Intermet Inzhiniring, Moscow, 2011).Google Scholar
- 2.Structure and Properties of Semifinished Products from Aluminum Alloys, Ed. by. V. A. Livanov (Metallurgiya, Moscow, 1974).Google Scholar
- 5.T. Nikamura, T. Matsuo, M. Ikeda, and S.-Y. Komatsu, “Low-cycle fatigue behavior of an Al–Mg–Si alloy with and without a small addition of Sc,” Advanced Mater. Research 15–17, 7–12 (2007).Google Scholar
- 7.A. T. Tyvanchuk, T. I. Yanson, B. Ya. Kotur, O. S. Zarechnyuk, and M. L. Kharakterova, “Isothermal section of the Sc–Al–Si system at 770 K,” Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Met., No. 4, 187–188 (1988).Google Scholar
- 8.V. V. Zakharov, “Effect of nonrecrystallized structure on the character of phase transformations in aluminum alloys,” Tekhnol. Legkihk Splavov, Nos. 1–2, 67–72 (2006).Google Scholar
- 9.V. G. Davydov, V. I. Elagin, V. V. Zakharov, and T. D. Rostova, “On alloying of aluminum alloys with scandium and zirconium,” Metalloved. Term. Obrab. Met., No. 8, 25–30 (1996).Google Scholar
- 10.A. I. Belyaev, O. S. Bochvar, N. N. Buinov, et al., Aluminum Alloys. Materials Science of Aluminum and Its Alloys: Handbook, Ed. by I. N. Fridlyander (Metallurgiya, Moscow, 1971).Google Scholar
- 11.G. Thomas, “The ageing characteristics of aluminum alloys. Electron-transmission studies of Al–Mg–Si alloys,” J. Inst. Met. 90, 57–63 (1961–1962).Google Scholar
- 12.V. I. Elagin, V. V. Zakharov, S. G. Pavlenko, and T. D. Rostova, “Effect of zirconium addition of the aging of Al–Sc alloys,” Fiz. Met. Metalloved. 60 (1), 97–100 (1985).Google Scholar