Solvation Thermodynamics of DL-Phenylalanine in Aqueous NaNO3 Solution at 298.15 K
- 12 Downloads
By “formol titrimetry” method solubilities of DL-phenylalanine (PA) in aqueous NaNO3 solution were measured at 298.15 K. The standard Gibbs energy of PA in aqueous and aqueous NaNO3 solution and also transfer free energy of PA was evaluated. The thermodynamic parameters: molar volume, densities, dipole moment and solvent diameter of aqueous solution of NaNO3 have also been reported. Electrolyte effects on the solubility and relative stability of PA is guided by different types of interactions which are explained in this manuscript.
KeywordsDL-phenylalanine solubility sodium nitrate transfer energetics
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.Y. Nozaki and C. Tanford, J. Boil. Chem. 238, 4074 (1963).Google Scholar
- 8.S. Roy, K. Mahali, and B. K. Dolui, Biochem. Ind. J. 3, 63 (2009).Google Scholar
- 9.S. Roy, K. Mahali, and B. K. Dolui, Biochem. Ind. J. 4, 71 (2010).Google Scholar
- 18.R. G Bates and S. F. Coetzee, Solute–Solvent Interactions (Marcel Dekker, New York, 1969), p. 45.Google Scholar
- 21.J. B. Dalton and C. L. A. Schmidt, J. Biol. Chem. 103, 549 (1933).Google Scholar