Diffusion kinetics of the ion exchange of benzocaine on sulfocationites
- 33 Downloads
The theory of the ion exchange kinetics on strong acid cationites with the participation of weak electrolytes is discussed. The kinetics of desorption of benzocaine in the protonated and molecular forms from strong acid cationites, sulfonated polycalixarene, and KU-23 30/100 sulfocationite, is studied experimentally. It is shown that the flow of protonated benzocaine from cationite upon desorption proceeding by the ion-exchange mechanism is more intense than upon desorption of nonionized benzocaine molecules. It is established that the diffusion coefficient of benzocaine cations is (1.21 ± 0.23) × 10−12 m2/s in KU-23 30/100 sulfocation and (0.65 ± 0.06) × 10−13 m2/s in sulfonated polycalixarene, while the diffusion coefficient of benzocaine molecules is (0.65 ± 0.15) × 10−14 m2/s in sulfonated polycalixarene.
Keywordsion exchange kinetics sulfocationites benzocaine diffusion
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.The Collected Papers of Paul Ehrlich, in 4 Vols.: A Complete Bibliography, Ed. by F. Himmelweit (Pergamon, London, 1960), Vol. 3, p. 95.Google Scholar
- 3.G. N. Altshuler, Yu. A. Makarov, and Yu. S. Porodnova, Khim.-Farm. Zh., No. 7, 38 (1969).Google Scholar
- 8.G. N. Altshuler and O. G. Altshuler, J. Adv. Chem. 7, 1331 (2014).Google Scholar
- 9.G. N. Altshuler, L. P. Abramova, and O. G. Altshuler, RF Patent No. 2291171, Byull. Izobret., No. 1 (2), 296 (2007).Google Scholar
- 11.Ionites. Catalogue, Ed. by I. A. Semenkova (NIITEKhIM, Cherkassy, 1980) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 12.O. N. Fedoseeva, E. P. Cherneva, and N. N. Tunitskii, Zh. Fiz. Khim. 33, 936 (1959).Google Scholar
- 13.J. Crank, The Mathematics of Diffusion (Clarendon, Oxford, 1975).Google Scholar