Effect of the surfaces of Zn3(PO4)2:Mn2+ phosphors on their luminescent properties
- 58 Downloads
The effect the activator concentration, the precipitation medium, and the annealing temperature have on the surface properties of Zn3(PO4)2:Mn2+ phosphors synthesized by the sol–gel method is studied using the indicator method and by pH-metry. The interrelation between the intensity of X-ray excited luminescence and the relative surface content of certain absorption sites is established. The earlier works of some authors on synthesizing and studying the properties of zinc phosphate phosphors are analyzed. The final results are considered promising for predicting the effectiveness of applying the considered phosphors’ analogs on the basis of analyzing their surfaces, optimizing the conditions for the synthesis of studied materials, and developing a model that would completely describe their surface states.
Keywordsphosphor zinc phosphate surface sites luminescence
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. A. Mikhal’chenko, Radioluminescent Emitters (Energoatomizdat, Moscow, 1988) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.V. Bakhmetyev, M. Sychev, A. Orlova, et al., Nanoindustriya, No. 8, 46 (2013).Google Scholar
- 3.V. V. Bakhmetyev, M. M. Sychev, S. P. Bogdanov, et al., Izv. SPbGTI(TU) 43 (17), 44 (2012).Google Scholar
- 4.V. V. Bakhmetyev, M. M. Sychev, S. P. Bogdanov, et al., Vestn. MGOU, Ser. Fiz., Mat., No. 1, 64 (2013).Google Scholar
- 7.K. Tanabe, Solid Acids and Bases: Their Catalytic Properties (Academic, Kodansha, Tokyo, 1971; Mir, Moscow, 1973).Google Scholar
- 8.L. F. Ikonnikova, T. S. Minakova, and A. P. Nechiporenko, Zh. Prikl. Khim. 63, 1709 (1990).Google Scholar
- 9.A. M. Gurvich, Introduction to the Physical Chemistry of Crystal Phosphors (Vyssh. Shkola, Moscow, 1982) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 10.Phosphor Handbook, Ed. by Sh. Shionoya and W. M. Yen (CRC, 1999).Google Scholar
- 11.J. S. Stephens and C. Calvo, Canad. J. Chem. 45, 2303 (1967).Google Scholar
- 13.M. M. Sychov, V. V. Bakhmetyev, Y. Nakanishi, et al., J. SID 11, 33 (2003).Google Scholar