Structure and properties of magnetic composite sorbents based on hypercrosslinked polystyrenes
- 89 Downloads
Magnetic composite sorbents based on microporous and biporous hypercrosslinked polystyrenes (HCPs) with inclusions of iron oxide nanoparticles were studied by X-ray diffraction and differential thermal analysis. In microporous composites, the size of impregnated magnetite nanoparticles was less than ∼6 nm, the nanocomposites remaining optically transparent. Biporous HCPs (with micro- and macropores) had larger nanoparticles (∼16 nm). The sorption studies revealed that composite magnetic sorbents, as well as the starting hypercrosslinked polystyrenes, are effective adsorbents with high capacity for many compounds including toxic and physiologically active compounds.
Keywordshypercrosslinked magnetic composite sorbents structure and properties
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. D. Pomogailo, A. S. Rozenberg, and I. E. Uflyand, Nanoparticles of Metals in Polymers (Khimiya, Moscow, 2000) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.V. A. Davankov and M. P. Tsuyrupa, Hypercrosslinked Polymeric Networks and Adsorbing Materials. Synthesis, Properties, Structure, and Application (Elsevier, New York, 2010).Google Scholar
- 4.Hypersol-Macronet Sorbent Resins, Purolite Technical Bulletin (The Purolite Company, UK, 1995).Google Scholar
- 5.N. Yu. Anisimova, Yu. I. Dolzhikova, V. A. Davankov, et al., Ross. Bioterapevt. Zh. 11(1), 23 (2012).Google Scholar
- 8.R. L. Albright, React. Polym. 4, 155 (1986).Google Scholar
- 10.G. P. Kudryavtseva, Ferrimagnetism of Natural Oxides (Nedra, Moscow, 1988) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 11.E. F. Belen’kii and I. V. Riskin, Chemistry and Technology of Pigments (Khimiya, Leningrad, 1974) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 12.A. V. Pastukhov, N. N. Aleksienko, M. P. Tsyurupa, et al., Russ. J. Phys. Chem. A 79, 1371 (2005).Google Scholar
- 13.L. I. Mirkin, Handbook on X-ray Structure Analysis of Polycrystals (GIFML, Moscow, 1961) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 14.A. I. Kitaigorodskii, X-ray-Structural Analysis of Fine-Crystalline and Amorphous Bodies (GITTL, Moscow, 1952) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 15.R. V. Martsinkevich, M. P. Tsyurupa, V. A. Davankov, and V. S. Soldatov, Vysokomol. Soedin. A 20, 1061 (1978).Google Scholar