The influence of a solvent on the aggregation of ruthenium(II) tetra-15-crown-5-phthalocyaninate
The images of ensembles of ruthenium(II) complexes with tetra-15-crown-5-phthalocyanine and axially coordinated triethylenediamine molecules, (R4Pc)Ru(TED)2, obtained on an atomic force microscope were analyzed. A comparison with the X-ray structure analysis data was performed to estimate the number and mutual arrangement (architecture) of molecules in supramolecular aggregates depending on the nature of the solvent and the temperature of solutions before casting. Storage at room temperature or heating of a solution of the complex in tetrachloroethane caused the formation of stable supramolecular “wires” 600 nm or more long. The z-scanning method was used to study the third-order nonlinear optical characteristics of solutions of the (R4Pc)Ru(TED)2 complex in tetrachloroethane.
KeywordsRuthenium Atomic Force Microscopic Image Tetrachloroethane Order Nonlinearity Open Aperture
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. V. Vannikov, A. D. Grishina, Yu. G. Gorbunova, et al., Dokl. Akad. Nauk 403, 489 (2005).Google Scholar
- 2.A. V. Vannikov, A. D. Grishina, Yu. G. Gorbunova, et al., Zh. Fiz. Khim. 80, 537 (2006) [Russ. J. Phys. Chem. 80, 453 (2006)].Google Scholar
- 3.A. D. Grishina, F. Yu. Konnov, Yu. G. Gorbunova, et al., Zh. Fiz. Khim. 81, 1122 (2007) [Russ. J. Phys. Chem. 81, 982 (2007)].Google Scholar
- 4.V. V. Shelkovnikov, R. V. Markov, A. I. Plekhanov, et al., Khim. Vys. Energ. 36, 295 (2002).Google Scholar
- 8.V. V. Arslanov, Yu. G. Gorbunova, S. L. Selektor, et al., Izv. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Khim., No. 11, 2426 (2004).Google Scholar
- 12.R. L. Sutherland, Handbook of Nonlinear Optics (Marcel Dekker, New York, 1996), Chs. 6–10.Google Scholar