A study of the adsorption and surface properties of KSKG silica gel by gas chromatography
The adsorption properties of commercial wide-pore KSKG silica gel with respect to n-alkanes and their derivatives, the molecules of which possess different electron-donor and electron-acceptor properties, were studied by gas chromatography. The adsorption isotherms were used to determine the heats of adsorption, differential molar Helmholtz energies, and contributions of dispersion and specific (acid-base or donor-acceptor) interactions to these energies. The electron-donor and electron-acceptor characteristics of extremely hydroxylated silica gel surface were estimated. The electron-acceptor properties of the surface of KSKG were found to be much stronger than its electron-donor properties.
KeywordsChromatography Physical Chemistry Adsorption Isotherm Surface Property Adsorption Property
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. A. Issirikyan and A. V. Kiselev, Zh. Fiz. Khim. 31(9), 14 (1957).Google Scholar
- 2.V. Ya. Davydov, A. V. Kiselev, and B. V. Kuznetsov, Zh. Fiz. Khim. 39, 2058 (1965).Google Scholar
- 5.A. V. Kiselev, Intermolecular Interactions in Adsorption and Chromatography (Vysshaya Shkola, Moscow, 1986) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.G. V. Lisichkin, G. V. Kudryavtsev, A. A. Serdan, et al., in Modified Silica in Sorption, Catalysis, and Chromatography (Khimiya, Moscow, 1986) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 7.I. A. Bardina, N. V. Kovaleva, and Yu. S. Nikitin, Zh. Fiz. Khim. 74(3), 497 (2000) [Russ. J. Phys. Chem. 74 (3), 421 (2000)].Google Scholar
- 9.A. V. Kiselev and Ya. I. Yashin, in Gas Adsorption Chromatography (Nauka, Moscow, 1967) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 10.B. V. Kuznetsov, Nin’ An’ Tuan, and Yu. S. Nikitin, Zh. Fiz. Khim. 64, 1844 (1990).Google Scholar