Synthesis and Structure of Mononuclear Copper(II) Complexes with Azaheterocyclic Ligands L (L = Bipy, BPA, and Phen) and Dodecahydro-closo-Dodecaborate Anion [B12H12]2–
- 15 Downloads
A systematic study of copper(I)/copper(II) complexation with azaheterocyclic ligands and the boron cluster anions [BnHn]2– (n = 10, 12) shows the possibility of synthesizing mononuclear, binuclear, trinuclear, tetranuclear, and polymeric copper(II) complexes. Here, we have studied copper(I) complexation with the [B12H12]2– anion and azaheterocyclic ligands L (L = Bipy, BPA). The reaction have been carried out in air in organic solvents (CH3CN and DMF). Under these conditions, copper(I) is oxidized, and mononuclear copper(II) complexes with ligands L and the [B12H12]2– anion of different composition and structure are formed as final products. In addition, copper(II) complexes have been synthesized in the copper(I)/silver(I) system. The effects of the reaction conditions (the nature of the starting closo-dodecaborate, the source of copper(I), the presence of silver(I) compounds in the reaction solution) on the composition and structure of the final products have been shown. Reaction products have been identified by elemental analysis, IR spectroscopy, and X-ray diffraction. The structures of complexes [Ag(Bipy)2]NO3, [Cu(BPA)2Cl]Cl · DMF, [Cu(BPA)2Cl]2 · 2DMF, [Cu(BPA)2(DMF)2][B12H12] · DMF, [Cu(BPA)2][B12H12]]n, and [Cu(Bipy)(DMF)4][B12H12] have been determined by X-ray diffraction (CCDС nos. 1899332–1899337, respectively).
Keywords:complexation boron cluster anions redox reactions
X-ray diffraction experiments were performed by I.N. Polyakova (deceased) at the Centre for Collective Use of the Kurnakov Institute.
This work was carried out within the State Assignment of the Kurnakov Institute RAS in the field of fundamental scientific research.
- 2.E. L. Muetterties and W. H. Knoth, Polyhedral Boranes (Dekker, New York, 1968).Google Scholar
- 3.N. N. Greenwood and A. Earnshaw, Chemistry of the Elements (Butterworth-Heinemann, 1997).Google Scholar
- 9.E. A. Malinina, K. Yu. Zhizhin, I. N. Polyakova, et al., Russ. J. Inorg. Chem. 47, 1158 (2002).Google Scholar
- 14.N. D. Van, Doctoral Thesis (Inst. für anorganische Chemie der Universitӓt, Stuttgart, 2009).Google Scholar
- 18.N. N. Greenwood and J. H. Morris, Proc. Chem. Soc. 11, 338 (1963).Google Scholar
- 21.L. I. Ochertyanova, V. N. Mustyatsa, K. Y. Zhizhin, et al., Inorg. Mater. 40, 144 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1023/B:INMA.0000016088.12295.5b CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 22.APEX2 (V. 2009, 5-1), SAINT (V7.60A), and SADABS (2008/1) (Bruker, Madison, WI, USA, 2008—2009).Google Scholar