On the Energy-Constrained Diamond Norm and Its Application in Quantum Information Theory
- 51 Downloads
We consider a family of energy-constrained diamond norms on the set of Hermitian- preserving linear maps (superoperators) between Banach spaces of trace class operators. We prove that any norm from this family generates strong (pointwise) convergence on the set of all quantum channels (which is more adequate for describing variations of infinite-dimensional channels than the diamond norm topology). We obtain continuity bounds for information characteristics (in particular, classical capacities) of energy-constrained infinite-dimensional quantum channels (as functions of a channel) with respect to the energy-constrained diamond norms, which imply uniform continuity of these characteristics with respect to the strong convergence topology.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Holevo, A.S., Kvantovye sistemy, kanaly, informatsiya, Moscow: MCCME, 2010. Translated under the title Quantum Systems, Channels, Information: A Mathematical Introduction, Berlin: De Gruyter, 2012.Google Scholar
- 4.Aharonov, D., Kitaev, A., and Nisan, N., Quantum Circuits with Mixed States, in Proc. 30th Annual ACM Sympos. on Theory of Computing (STOC’98), May 23–26, 1998, Dallas, TX, USA. New York: ACM, 1999, pp. 20–30.Google Scholar
- 13.Pirandola, S., Laurenza, R., Ottaviani, C., and Banchi, L., Fundamental Limits of Repeaterless Quantum Communications, Nat. Commun., 2017, vol. 8, Article no. 15043.Google Scholar
- 21.Wilde, M.M. and Qi, H., Energy-Constrained Private and Quantum Capacities of Quantum Channels, arXiv:1609.01997 [quant-ph], 2016.Google Scholar
- 25.Winter, A., Energy-Constrained Diamond Norm with Applications to the Uniform Continuity of Continuous Variable Channel Capacities, arXiv:1712.10267 [quant-ph], 2017.Google Scholar