Number of curves in the generalized Edwards form with minimal even cofactor of the curve order
- 33 Downloads
We analyze properties of points of orders 2, 4, and 8 of a curve in the generalized Edwards form. Arithmetic for group operations with singular points of these curves is introduced. We propose a classification of curves in the Edwards form into three disjoint classes. Formulas for the number of curves of order 4n of different classes are obtained. Works of other authors are critically analyzed.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Bessalov, A.V. and Tsygankova, O.V., The Performance of Group Operations on Twisted Edwards Curve over a Prime Field, Radiotekhnika, vol. 181, Kharkiv: KhNURE, 2015, pp. 58–63.Google Scholar
- 3.Bernstein, D.J., Birkner, P., Joye, M., Lange, T., and Peters, C., Twisted Edwards Curves, Progress in Cryptology—AFRICACRYPT’2008 (Proc. 1st Int. Conf. on Cryptology in Africa, Casablanca, Morocco, June 11–14, 2008), Vaudenay, S., Ed., Lect. Notes Comp. Sci., vol. 5023, Berlin: Springer, 2008, pp. 389–405.Google Scholar
- 4.Bernstein, D.J. and Lange, T., Faster Addition and Doubling on Elliptic Curves, Advances in Cryptology— ASIACRYPT’2007 (Proc. 13th Int. Conf. on the Theory and Application of Cryptology and Information Security, Kuching, Malaysia, Dec. 2–6, 2007), Kurosawa, K., Ed., Lect. Notes Comp. Sci., vol. 4833, Berlin: Springer, 2007, pp. 29–50.Google Scholar
- 6.Bessalov, A.V., Kriptosistemy na ellipticheskikh krivykh (Cryptosystems on Elliptic Curves), Kyiv: Politekhnika, 2004.Google Scholar
- 7.Bessalov, A.V. and Kovalchuk, L.V., Exact Number of Elliptic Curves in the Canonical Form, Which Are Isomorphic to Edwards Curves over Prime Field, Kibernet. Sistem. Anal., 2015, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 3–12 [Cybernet. Systems Anal. (Engl. Transl.), 2015, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 165–172].zbMATHGoogle Scholar