Special sequences as subcodes of reed-solomon codes
- 62 Downloads
We consider sequences in which every symbol of an alphabet occurs at most once. We construct families of such sequences as nonlinear subcodes of a q-ary [n, k, n − k + 1] q Reed-Solomon code of length n ≤ q consisting of words that have no identical symbols. We introduce the notion of a bunch of words of a linear code. For dimensions k ≤ 3 we obtain constructive lower estimates (tight bounds in a number of cases) on the maximum cardinality of a subcode for various n and q, and construct subsets of words meeting these estimates and bounds. We define codes with words that have no identical symbols, observe their relation to permutation codes, and state an optimization problem for them.
KeywordsGenerator Matrix Information Transmission Linear Code Generator Matrice Base Polynomial
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Varakin, L.E., Sistemy svyazi s shumopodobnymi signalami (Communication Systems with Noise-like Signals),:, 1985.Google Scholar
- 3.Dukes, P.J., Permutation Codes and Arrays, Section VI.44 of Handbook of Combinatorial Designs, Colbourn, C.J. and Dinitz, J.H., Eds., Boca Raton: Chapman & Hall, 2007, 2nd ed., pp. 568–571.Google Scholar
- 9.Davydov A.A., Zyablov V.V., Kalimullin R.E. Subcodes of Reed-Solomon Code with Special Properties, in Proc. 12th Int. Workshop on Algebraic and Combinatorial Coding Theory (ACCT’2010), Novosibirsk, Russia, 2010, pp. 116–122.Google Scholar
- 10.Djurdjevic I., Xu J., Abdel-Ghaffar K.A.S., Lin S. A Class of Low-Density Parity-Check Codes Constructed Based on Reed-Solomon Codes with Two Information Symbols, Proc. 15th Int. Sympos. on Applied Algebra, Algebraic Algorithms and Error-Correcting Codes (AAECC-15), Toulouse, France, 2003, Fossorier, M.P.C., Høholdt, T., and Poli, A., Eds., Lect. Notes Comp. Sci., vol. 2643, Berlin: Springer, 2003, pp. 98–107.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 11.Bassalygo, L.A., Dodunekov, S.M., Zinoviev, V.A., and Helleseth, T., The Grey-Rankin Bound for Nonbinary Codes, Probl. Peredachi Inf., 2006, vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 37–44 [Probl. Inf. Trans. (Engl. Transl.), 2006, vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 197–203].Google Scholar
- 13.Croot, E.S., III, and Lev, V.F., Open Problems in Additive Combinatorics, Additive Combinatorics, Granville, A., Nathanson, M.B., and Solymosi, J., Eds., CRM Proc. Lecture Notes, vol. 43, Providence: AMS, 2007, pp. 207–233.Google Scholar