Diffuse Scattering from Single Crystal Cobalt
- 9 Downloads
The history of the research of anomalous diffuse scattering by perfect single crystals has been briefly described. Some traditional techniques for recording the diffuse scattering have been considered. The mono-Laue experiment has been considered in detail. A series of mono-Laue measurements on single-crystal cobalt (hcp structure) has been carried out at room temperature. The results are in a good agreement with theoretical calculations. The principal possibility of these measurements under laboratory conditions has been shown. The possible use of diffuse scattering measurements in the study of structural phase transitions in metals has been substantiated.
Keywordsdiffuse scattering structural phase transitions mono-Laue experiment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.W. Friedrich, P. Knipping, and M. Laue, “Interferenzerscheinungen bei Rontgenstrahlen,” Ann. Phys. (New York) 346 (10), 971–988 (1913).Google Scholar
- 9.F. A. Kassan-Ogly, V. E. Naish, and Yu. E. Turkhan, “Theory of structural transformations in the compounds of the A15 type,” Fiz. Met. Metalloved. 65, 645–657 (1988).Google Scholar
- 10.F. A. Kassan-Ogly, V. E. Naish, and I. V. Sagaradze, “Problems of the interpretation ofX-ray diffraction patterns of diffuse scattering,” Fiz. Met. Metalloved. 67, 451–461 (1989).Google Scholar
- 15.Ryabchikov, D.I. and Ryabuchin, V.A., Analytical Chemistry of Rare-Earth Elements and Yttrium (Nauka, Moscow, 1966 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 16.F. A. Kassan-Ogly, V. E. Naish, and I. V. Sagaradze, “Diffuse scattering in metals with a bcc lattice and the crystallogeomentry of martensitic phase transitions of the bcc–fcc and bcc–hcp types,” Fiz. Met. Metalloved. 65 (3), 481–491 (1988).Google Scholar
- 20.A. E. van Arkel, Reine Metalle (Berlin, Springer, 1936).Google Scholar
- 25.C. -S. Yoo, P. Söderlind, and H. Cynn, “The phase diagram of cobalt at high pressure and temperature: The stability of γ(fcc)-cobalt and new e'(dhcp)-cobalt,” J. Phys.: Condens. Matter. 10, L311–L318 (1998).Google Scholar
- 26.S. V. Vonsovskii, Magnetism (Nauka, Moscow, 1071) [in Russian].Google Scholar